Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door edge protection from garage wall

I just found a few carpet cut-offs and nailed them to the wall next to my door and in front of the nose. May not look at good but certainly does the trick!

Essex993 said:
I just found a few carpet cut-offs and nailed them to the wall next to my door and in front of the nose. May not look at good but certainly does the trick!
:yeah:

Yep, as above, old carpets all the way. I have a challengingly narrow rental garage and the cut off carpets are the practical answer.

My solution is 15mm pipe insulation cut lengthways and glued to the wall with Gorilla glue (inset photo). If I were to do it again, I'd use 2 rows of the thicker grade of 22mm insulation.

Attachments

• door_edge_protection_797.jpg
    door_edge_protection_797.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 2,654
Super_Ray said:
Afternoon

My garage is a reasonable width but would prefer some physical protection applied to the garage wall to prevent d
Chipping the door edge.

I have found some self adhesive rubber stuff on Amazon which will do the trick but wondered if any of you have found something nicer?

This looks easy to apply / remove.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ampulla-Re...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Cheers Ray

Yeah I used a roll of cheap carpet the whole length of the garage wall both sides :thumb:

Food for thought, looks like a trip to the local carpet shop/wilko is in order!

I wonder if the carpet shop will give me a "sample" :?:

Ray

Here`s mine :thumb:

Attachments

• door_protector_877.jpg
    door_protector_877.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 2,371

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6