Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dont get bitten.

I think there's going to be a round of some costly ownership experiences and probably a few cars biting the dust around this age.

I've just about got my car up to the standard I want it to be but in the past four years it's had:

Both turbos & actuators,
All new heat sheilds,
New exhaust & manifolds,
New suspension,
4 New coffin arms,
Toe arms front and rear,
2 new front rads,
2 new aircon rads,
New suspension top mounts,
Wheels refurbished,
Both bumpers resprayed,
Handbrake cables,
Front Diff rebuilt & new seals,

Just this year its had:

Fresh tyres,
Disks & pads all round,
Major service Inc. Coolant flush & brake fluid,
CV boots on front drive shafts,
6x coil packs & plugs,
Engine mounts,
Headlight rotator switch,
Spoiler hydraulics rebuilt with uprated seals,
Sunroof seal replaced,
Windscreen washer pump,
New front coffin arms/toe arms/mounts & geo,
Mirror motor replaced and a few little bits like trim.

It is amazing how it adds up. I think I've probably spent close to £10k since December and there are still a couple of bits on my list but when I look under the car it is at least pretty free from corrosion.

Plus points, it looks stunning and goes, turns, stops as crisply as a 911 turbo should but there's a definite air of triggers broom about it. I think if you want to be custodian there's a fair bit of age related stuff that's just going to need doing at 20 years. Regardless of mileage really.

When you see a 20-30year old performance car you've just got to be honest. If it hasn't been done in the past 10 years.. budget for it.

The biggest shame is that whoever chose to let it deteriorate to such a state didn't even have the pleasure of using the car - 64 miles in 4 years and less than 1k in each of the two years before that. :nooo:

Furthermore there's probably an argument to say had he done so.... it would be in better condition?!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bll56
Back