Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does your PA1000 alarm bleep?

Citori

Mexico City
The internal bleeper on my PA1000 alarm seems a bit temperamental.
It's supposed to bleep five times just before it re-immobilises itself and also when doing other functions (according to the user manual)
Mine used to work but then it stopped working from time to time. It now seems to have stopped altogether. It's not a serious issue but it's a bit annoying when something stops working. :roll:

If your bleeper works, can you take a listen and tell me where you think the bleeper is located?
Logic would suggest that it's on the alarm PCB under the drivers seat, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I have a feeling when mine was working it was coming from behind the dash somewhere. :dont know:
Thanks,
Steve.

I think the UK 993 alarm system was a custom fit by a third party supplier to new cars before delivery to customers.

This means not only was the alarm/immobiliser changed through the 993 life cycle (eg seperate immobilisor "blade" progressed to integrated) but the alarms were probably fitted in batches of new cars shipped over. It could be that installs were "refined" over time ie the locaiton of the beeper in one car may not be the same as yours :dont know:

I would give the original installers a quick ring and ask them. I found them extremely helpful when I dealt with them a couple of months ago. Better to get it from the horses mouth :wink:

http://www.hamilton-palmer.co.uk/

Hi.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am familiar with H&P, I have spoken to them many times in the past. I have already had to replace the main alarm pcb and the siren since I have had the car :nooo:
The chap that is the expert on the PA1000 only work part time and I always have trouble contacting him.
I was hoping that maybe one of the guys on here might have an idea.
ATB
Steve.

On mine it was under the dash, small black round about the size of a wrist watch.
Was on the loom running down the steering column next to three fuses in a black box
It was on a long two core lead so it may be in a slightly different position depending on the installer

If that is your fault, I think I still have the one from my alarm somewhere, happy to send it to you foc if its any help, just pm me
Cheers

Ah that's great. Gives me something to look for and where.
I had the dash to pieces on Saturday trying to find an annoying rattle and replace a dodgy bulb. I looked for the bleeper but couldn't see it anywhere obvious. I will take a look where you say.
Thanks for that offer, much appreciated. If it turns out to be the problem I will let you know.
ATB.
Thanks.

My Bleeper is under the bank of switches in front of the gear knob - the red LED alarm indicator is mounted in the switch surround. Easy to pull the switch panels out to have a look as they're only secured by friction.

Great stuff, Thanks.
I did take out my switches when I replaced the bulbs with LEDS, but I didn't notice the bleeper, but there again, I wasn't looking for it. I will check again tonight. Thanks for that.
ATB
Steve.

stewart rix said:
My Bleeper is under the bank of switches in front of the gear knob - the red LED alarm indicator is mounted in the switch surround. Easy to pull the switch panels out to have a look as they're only secured by friction.

Spot on buddy. I removed the switches and there it was. I couldn't see how to get it out at first, but there is an inspection panel on the RHS of the centre console that comes out and makes it very easy. I cut off the old bleeper and put it across a 9v battery and it seems dead.

Thanks for your kind offer DW911 but they are only £3 from Maplin so it's easier not to put you to the trouble of paying to post it out.

Thanks to all.
Steve.

Now thats worth knowing.......

I wonder if you can get any funky tunes :wack:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13
Back