Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

does it have an immobiliser?

Jonathan Rubins

A pikey hoody type was chased from my golf club carpark having been caught trying to break in to it on sunday.

he wouldn't have got far as it has a tracker, but does anyone know if the porsche factory fit alarm includes an immobiliser ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89631

thanks,the cheek is he tried it in a full carpark about 20m from the clubhouse in open view.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89644

i would have taken a 7 iron :wink:

followed by maybe a wedge in to the head :twisted:

maybe a putter up the back passage to make sure I finished the job

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89645

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jonathan Rubins on 13 November 2006

thanks,the cheek is he tried it in a full carpark about 20m from the clubhouse in open view.
No damage done I hope?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89648

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 13 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jonathan Rubins on 13 November 2006

No damage done I hope?
no, nothing, I can't imagine he was too pro as a bit broad daylight with too many people about, there are loads of flash cars in the carpark so worrying he chose mine which was amongst the most visible.

On the upside i had a go in a mates new m5 .... wow

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89669

all water cooled cars have factory thatcham approved immobilizers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89679

It's more likely he was looking for things to steal from inside the car - one of my best friends is a copper and he explained things like removing not only the TomTom but also the rings the suction cup leaves on the windscreen etc.

To steal something like a 997 is hard work as the nearly all have tracking devices (courtesy of Insurance company requirements) and are factory fitted with an ECU / DME related immobiliser.

Apparently most high value car theft is to order and done by taking the keys from your house (shudder).

Sadly there are still the dipsh*ts who will try and break a steering column in the vain hope it'll hot wire :? :(
(this happened to a colleague's car while parked at an airport!).

My friend advises the best policy these days is leave nothing - not even a CD case or newspaper and certainly not a jacket, phone, satnav, briefcase etc in view.

Sign of the times..... :roll:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89683

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back