Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Do I Don't I

dick jones

Monza
Looking for a 2/3 year old 996 4 S and presently run a merc CLK but after a few visits to the forums and reading through a buyers guide, ownership of this model seems quite scary regarding things that can go wrong (mechanicaly) for such a new model. Should I buy a CLK 55 AMG instead, your thoughts please

Dick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37530

well as its a Porsche forum,i'm gonna guess the majority of answers will be dump the Merc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37533

Dick, dump the Merc, get the 4S, get the Porsche warranty and happy days will lie ahead!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37535

Hi Dick

I'd like to know what buyers guide scares you. I've had mine for a year and could'nt be more impressed. There were a lot of Documented problems relating to the 3.4 engine of the 996, but the 3.6 seems less prone to problems. 2003 model year is the better choice as the PCM 2 unit is a vast improvement over the first. It's got Turbo everything apart from the blowers and although Clarkson suggested it was the 'silicone implant' version i.e. if you want a big chest get the Turbo proper, but its plenty quick for me and our roads. Although I've been ragged by the 993 lot on here for even thinking of changing to 996, I havent regretted it a bit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37536

Dick,

the CLK even in AMG form & the 996 are totally different cars for different people in my opinion. A Porsche is a love affair in a way the Merc can never be for a start. If like most on here you've always wanted one & find your self in the fortunate position to be able to afford one, then there is no choice. I thought, for about 5 seconds about getting a SL55 before getting the GT3, gave myself a quick boot up the backside & reminded myself I'd always wanted a 911. It's been like meeting the girl you lusted after a school, many years later and finding everything you dreamed about all these years, didn't come close to how good she is.

Great though AMG's can be they'll never stimulate the passion in the way any 911 will. (Yes I had a CLK before the GT3)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37554

Dick

Are you thinking of starting a rapid taxi business? If not, there can only be one answer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37555

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Hendo on 11 November 2005

Although I've been ragged by the 993 lot on here for even thinking of changing to 996..
now that is part of the special community spirit over here! :wink:

anyway it is quite funny as well !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37557

What !! you've bought a 996, Hendo ???? Blimey your brave, etc ............ :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37559

Earlier in the year, I traded in my Merc CLK Convertible for the 996 C2 and all I can say is don't even think twice about changing - it will be the best decision you've made, the 996 is awesome.

Build quality, performance, engineering and design is all so much better on the 996.

The reports of mechanical faults with the 996 are greatly over-exaggerated, even on the 3.4. Buy wisely with a warranty and you will be happy, happy, happy!

Dick......come.......come.......come over to our world and join us......we have sparkly, sparkly cars...........the sun always shines here and we beautiful people dance through fields of barley, frollicking with young blondes with large chests.......

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37561

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Neil Dickson on 11 November 2005

Dick......come.......come.......come over to our world and join us......we have sparkly, sparkly cars...........the sun always shines here and we beautiful people dance through fields of barley, frollicking with young blondes with large chests.......

Rubbish. That's the 993 world. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37586

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 11 November 2005

Previous poster said:

Rubbish. That's the 993 world. :D

rofl............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37588

Previous poster said:

Whatever it is you are using - could you bring half a kilo to the curry nite for me pls

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37597

It's not the 996 world or the 993 world my friends - it's the Porsche world. In our happy, shiney Eutopia, there are no right and wrongs, no 996/993 debates, no oil leaks and no expensive bills - just pretty boys with blond hair, blue eyes and huge privates from the planet Zymol, driving Porsches of all credes and colours in perfect harmony.

Hendo - £200 for half a kilo - must be cash. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37599

CL AMG is the only choice.

Porsche and Mercedes are chalk and well ....

C4S is beautiful. CLK is well, more feminine :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37601

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 11 November 2005

CL AMG is the only choice.

Porsche and Mercedes are chalk and well ....

C4S is beautiful. CLK is well, more feminine :twisted:

just say it......................GAY!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37606

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back