Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Devastating air freshner

eyecandy993

Nurburgring
Watch out in hot weather -understandably not very prevalent in the UK :wink: - re the pine tree shaped air fresheners. A Boxster owner friend of mine just told me that he had the tree thingy hanging from the rear view mirror. While parked in the hot Maltese sun a drop or two must have dripped down onto his leather dash and caused surface peeling and discoloration. Thought I'd share for those driving to warmer climes or when global warming gives you Maltese type temperatures in the UK.

No chance of that. (Looks out of window to see that it's tipping it down. Again :D)

I once ruined a 5 series dash with a leaking air freshner :roll:

The oil can leak from BMW auto adjusting rear view mirrors as well

Ps very hot in lanzarote but no car :dont know:

I now prefer perfumed furry dice 8)

Tycho said:
Using a Magic Tree in a 993? :eek:

It was a friend of mine with a Boxster who was using the magic tree. In my 993 I prefer the smell of leather, petrol, and my old sweat from the times I felt I was going to lose the back end in a curve :p

eyecandy993 said:
Tycho said:
Using a Magic Tree in a 993? :eek:

It was a friend of mine with a Boxster who was using the magic tree. In my 993 I prefer the smell of leather, petrol, and my old sweat from the times I felt I was going to lose the back end in a curve :p

Mine also has smells when it feels like I'm going to lose the back end in a curve.....but it isn't sweat :oops:

Magic Trees bring back bad memories. Living in London in the mid 80s I put one in my XR3i (those were the days) and set off round the North Circular. Within 5 minutes I started a severe allergic reaction – coughing, sneezing, eyes streaming. Emergency stop in heavy traffic & stuck it a plastic shopping bag. Set off again, another 5 minutes, still bad. Another stop, Magic Tree now wrapped in 2 plastic bags. Tried again but symptoms still bad, had to dump the thing in the nearest bin and drive with the windows fully down. Took me hours to recover, as you can see I still carry the mental scars. Magic Tree, more like WMD.

Magic tree, bizarre arrangement for trying to get a gradual aroma over time. The stupid clear plastic cover, once ripped usually was not enough to release its pungent smell or it tore off completely it was toxic to the extreme.
And everyone drove around with half torn plastic wrappers clinging to their green piece of cardboard long past their use.
Sorry , had to get that off my chest
Can't understand how they were so popular

I soon fell out of love with in car fresheners when one burned a hole right through the steering wheel cowling on my car :eek: toxic crap that makes your car smell like a truckstop privvy :nooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damos_Cars
Back