Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dent/scratch removal, nr Reading

Robertb

Anyone know a good dent/scratch treatment outfit in the Reading area? Anyone used Chips Away?

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22792

Chips away had a good write up in 911 &PW a few months back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22803

i tried one a few months back, they paint using single pack lacquer

charged me £360 to paint 2 scratches on a boxster, and refurb 5 alloys, my wife came home lunchtime and phoned me to say there were 4 inch patches on the boxster and she could see the paint shrinking on the alloys and she knows nothing about cars!!

i never paid the bill

I wont trust them to paint the garden shed

Mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22840

I arranged for them to fix some scratches and scuffs on my jag - they never turned up - not impressed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22846

I left a message for my local site to contact me. They didnt. Obviously they are far too busy with the burgeoning shed business

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22847

did use then one to fix some stone chips on my old TT..

one at the Chiswick Roundabout Carwash in London , he just got out a paint pot and brush which was right out of the Tony Hart art school and blobbed on some paint..

next time I'll just go down the arts & craft shop :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22849

I mainly needed a couple of dents pulling. On reflection I think I'll find someone else! Thanks folks...

Has anyone tried Langka- it is a liquid which gently dissolves touch-up paint or laquer, leaving the OE finish untouched. E.g. you can touch in a stone chip, over-filling the chip and then use Langka to cut the touch-up paint or laquer back, leaving a very good repair. Takes a while to get the hang of it and get confidence in it, but it is most impressive. See
www.langka.com
and this lot
http://www.frost.co.uk/
supply it in the UK.

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22880

Robert

Have just ordered some of the Langka for £15 and a touch up paint from PGB. If anyone is going to make an ass of it at least it will be me to blame ! Will let you know how I get on. Keep hearing bad stories about chips away etc....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22895

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by TLG on 18 January 2005

Robert

Have just ordered some of the Langka for £15 and a touch up paint from PGB. If anyone is going to make an ass of it at least it will be me to blame ! Will let you know how I get on. Keep hearing bad stories about chips away etc....
keep us posted on how you get on. I think quite a few are fed up with all the 'scratches away' brigades

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22900

Dent Master for dents are ok

chips away and dent master are 2 different things

a good dent man may be hard to find but when you find him look after him

mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22907

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member