Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Defecting to a BMW....nah!

Dunc

Barcelona
Had a test drive in an M3 cab today as I've started to feel the urge to change car - certainly won't be giving up the 993 for one of those. Reminded me of how good the 993 still is when I jumped back in and heard that flat six roar, maybe the M3 is a better all rounder but it don't make the noises or feel nearly as planted as the 993 does.

Thats the 996 and the M3 ruled out as replacements - what else is there?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15316

TVR T350

Boxster S

Audi S4

Ferrari 355

Just to name a few.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15317

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sean Dudding on 12 May 2004

TVR T350

Boxster S

Audi S4

Ferrari 355

Just to name a few.

The 355 is very nice. You can get a good one for 50k.

996 GT3 mk1? Depends on your budget really.

964 turbo 2/3.6

993 turbo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15320

What features are you loking for in a car, Dunc? Sounds like you want more of an all rounder, with the same planted feel and noises - am I on the right track? what else is important?

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15332

Plenty of interesting cars available but mostly over budget unfortunately. Have been looking for something a bit more practical but which still has performance and good sounds. Ideally would be around low £30k - haven't seen any S4s around this price yet but will probably arrange a test drive in one anyway to see what its like.

Given a larger budget there are certainly 996s which appeal, its just that i don't think its worth going from the 993 to an early 996.

Reality is that I'll probably hang onto the 993, just a case of itchy feet for change that will pass!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15384

Dunc,

On the practical vs. performance front you rightly point out the S4, but don't forget the older RS2 - can be had in decent nick for c. £15K especially if you don't mind LHD (and you shouldn't mind !) and this would leave you with enough to get a decent 3.2 / 964 as well !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15386

Stick with the 993, still the best Porsche they ever built!!

Audi/BMW, these car were orginally designed/built as a family car and only after sticking some big wheel, fat engine and upgrade suspension and now you got a faster family car, but they weren't built as SPORT car from concept.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15394

Hear what you're saying Josh, probably will end up keeping the car - definately no bad thing, I still really enjoy it, just had it a while now so started thinking about what else is around.

Jamie, like your style! couldn't live with two cars though, never thought about an RS4 until now - anyone know what they're like? Also always fancied an M5 but its too big for the garage!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15396

RS4 - awesome in a straight line - quick as any Porsche, but won't keep up round the twisties ! Eats tyres and petrol, buy my god they're fast !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15399

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back