Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Decibel Devils trackday silencers

Roro

Sebring
nick w said:
Senoj said:
Roro said:
Dd's! :thumb:

Still haven't got round to trying them on for size yet - Did you have to mess around with yours much or were they just a straight fit?

If you have a std exhaust tip im not sure they will fit?

Isn't Roro running with an X pipe ?

... These arrived originally about a month ago. I ordered them from Driftworks (Phil Morrison's co) for about £150, and then (as hinted in the above extract from a different thread on the forum) had the brackets refabricated by RPM Technik for £50. They look great, much better than the other trackday mufflers I have, but these are way more portable.

Yet to test the noise reduction levels though, will do that soon...

0CEA5621-1DBE-4F90-A786-91FEDD09458F_zpsltj9fxbj.jpg

65213CF8-98A4-4E94-BD22-BDFA0368E3AA_zpslaxnpn0r.jpg

A lot better than the u-boat periscopes you had before Roro :thumb:

Do they have a set that fit WAGs :?:

:floor:

Not sure maybe we ought to ask Phil if Driftworks do them?!?

Yes, much better, not sure what the noise reduction is yet, but it seems at trackdays half the battle is being seen to be doing something about the noise, and these are easy enough to strap on...

... Hmm... Let's try keeping this thread clean perhaps....
:grin:

4db is good, I'd be happy with that. The other mufflers with the downturned pipes took off about 2db I think on static, but probably more than these ones on a drive by I would have thought.

Sounds right....the ''noise benefit'' was around 4db.
8)

We did a full on scientific test in the Zur burg car park in Nurburg. Much to the enjoyment of those within earshot a GT3 with x pipe saw a 5db A weighted reduction with two decible devils shoved up there. The test apparatus was provided by Nxi20 and, so he informed us, was the most accurately calibrated device this side of the pk bar area....

X pipe.... What exactly is that? Is that same as an exhaust bypass?

As the noise savings seem so good I'm now thinking of putting a proper juicy exhaust back on the shopping list 8)

Roro said:
X pipe.... What exactly is that? Is that same as an exhaust bypass?

Yes.

I defo need that in my life! As long as it could be turned down via the Sports button..

:thumb:

freddie44 said:
I defo need that in my life! As long as it could be turned down via the Sports button..

There's no doubt that the X pipe adds the ''x factor ''....on full chat you can't
stop grinning.

...and through a tunnel....ye-ha !!!!! :grin:

freddie44 said:

It can.

nick w said:
freddie44 said:

There's no doubt that the X pipe adds the ''x factor ''....on full chat you can't
stop grinning.

...and through a tunnel....ye-ha !!!!! :grin:

:p

Santa has been notified :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back