Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dead Aircon and PASM

mkoenigsheim

Monza
Hi all - so I haven't driven the car for a few months. Last week the battery was dead.

I drove it yesterday and I had zero aircon - no errors.
And whilst driving I got a PASM error message..

Stopped the car and started it again. Sport Mode working. 5 mins later - error message again and no sport mode.

I checked all fuses relating to aircon and PASM all ok.

A couple of months ago I added Led side indicators and forgot to add the resistors - been meaning to add them. Could this be the issue?

Or has some animal eaten something?

I'd be tempted to test the battery and replace it if it has gone dead before worry to much.

Ovb1 said:
I'd be tempted to test the battery and replace it if it has gone dead before worry to much.

The Battery is new this year - then I forgot to leave the trickle charger on - but so don't think it's the battery?

Is the battery charging?

When i got my 997 the alternator did not work and the car was running off the battery charge.

As the battery went flat all the warning lights started to come on.

I changed the regulator and everything returned to normal.

You should be getting 14.5 volts when the engine is running.

martin t said:
Is the battery charging?

When i got my 997 the alternator did not work and the car was running off the battery charge.

Battery is fine - I just went flat when I left the car with no charger for 3 months. I have 14.5 volts and no issue. I wonder if when I tried to start the car with a flat battery and it had flickering lights etc I blew something?

Update....

Still no aircon
Drove 2 times today. Pasm all ok at start and then during motorway driving - both times when I hit trafffic and slowed to a standstill, PASM error...

Oh dear. Forgot to add resistor then forgot to put on trickle charge. These cars are so sensitive to lack of volts they will play up unless you carefully look after the electrics. Get the battery properly checked under load.

mkoenigsheim said:
martin t said:
Is the battery charging?

Battery is fine - I just went flat when I left the car with no charger for 3 months. I have 14.5 volts and no issue. I wonder if when I tried to start the car with a flat battery and it had flickering lights etc I blew something?

If you're battery went totally dead. IE below 12.2 volts then it could be permanently damaged. Brand new or not they don't like to go below 12 volts.

You'll see 14.5 volts when running as the alternator would be working flat out to try and charge it.

I'd detach the battery - check the voltage and leave it over night and then check the voltage again. If it's significantly dropped overnight the that's a good indication it's been damaged.

Hi when i bought my car in Jan of this year, it had been left for several months by the previous owner and the battery had gone completely flat and then the dealer that i bought it from fitted a new battery

It's fair to say that the PASM was a real PITA to finally resolve! :roll:

Having had it reset on a PIWIS, it was ok for a few weeks and then while we were away, it gave the error message. I reset it on my Foxwell scanner twice over a fortnight i think and used it in Sport for the next week every day and this seems to have finally cleared it - searching online seems to suggest that the PASM & PSM are some of the usual suspects following a flat battery

HTH (PS i recommend the NT530 as it has been great for this

:thumb: )

snb993 said:
Hi when i bought my car in Jan of this year, it had been left for several months by the previous owner and the battery had gone completely flat and then the dealer that i bought it from fitted a new battery

It's fair to say that the PASM was a real PITA to finally resolve! :roll:

Having had it reset on a PIWIS, it was ok for a few weeks and then while we were away, it gave the error message. I reset it on my Foxwell scanner twice over a fortnight i think and used it in Sport for the next week every day and this seems to have finally cleared it - searching online seems to suggest that the PASM & PSM are some of the usual suspects following a flat battery

HTH (PS i recommend the NT530 as it has been great for this

:thumb: )

Excellent good to know I am not the only person to see this - i will try this! I think the Aircon is a bigger issue. It needs a service and I will get it looked at at the same time. I usually do the service myself but it needs new spark plugs and I honestly can't be arsed with that effort...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back