Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Day 0

chimp911

...of the Southern Europe Tour and Pete's much discussed "Blue Baron" picks up a puncture on the Dartford tunnel :pc: :pc:

Going north?

Sorry, meant the bridge. Train crossing is one hour away and he's on a wild goose chase to get a new tyre - this is going to be fun :bandit:

Feck in hell!!! - I'm sitting in the eurotunnel departure lounge!!

Can I suggest someone keeps a diary as this has all the hallmarks of a great adventure :grin:

"What happens in Southern Europe, stays in Europe" :thumb:

Keep the live updates coming

Having given up hope of finding a tyre in Blighty Pete limped onto the train with a space saver - three circumnavigations of Calais later and about 2 hours of faffing and failing to speak French new tyres were located and fitted and the Tour finally began... :thumb:

When I get time I'll summarise today's events, suffice to say it has been eventful - good times :grin:

:hand: Should have called up GT4. He's got plenty of rubber :thumb:
Let's hope the AC holds out as I bet he was a bit hot under the collar with that bike tyre on :what:

Good to hear from you guys, it sounds exciting already, please keep up with updates. I fear our exploits at the museum at the weekend while be tame in comparison. I did at least manage to get my catalogues in the car....

All the best.

MC

Can't comment on the AC but Pete's beast has been no slouch today. A couple of the porkers have hit Vmax and my favourite quote from a GT2 owner is "this is insane" :grin:

What have I learnt today..??

1 - A knackered front wheel bearing really makes a horrible noise

2 - Stopping a car from three figure speeds with a knackered wheel bearing is not nice

3 - Porsche La Rochelle are lovely guys, but have no parts stock.

4 - Porsche La Rochelle has a hot receptionist :D

5 - Porsche Bordoaux shut 2 hours for lunch

6 - Porsche Toulouse are LOVELY people and have a massive dealership

7 - I should have sorted the wheel bearing last week :sad:

8 - Hotel Ibis Toulouse is the most boring hotel in France

Hopefully the job will be done by 10'ish tomorrow morning, so I will be able to re-join the team in time for our RDV at the Donkey Sanctuary tomorrow afternoon.

:D :D :D :D

Hope Pete hasn't picked up any more tickets today..?

Pete's fine tally currently stands at €190 and he has officially entered interpol's top ten list :cop:

Some epic roads spoiled only by the swarm of Spanish cops rushing to cash in on a pork feeding frenzy - we've been tugged more times than George Michael in a public convenience... :roll:

Can't wait for the official video :grin:

We all know that Spain is f@@ked in the economy stakes but do we really have to put it right between us lot this week.
Tally so far £600 in fines. 1 lost member stranded in France ( top gear rules apply) 1 dead tyre ( brand new) 1 duff wheel bearing.
1 set of imbalalaced tyres £20 a corner :sad:
1 very large beer bill.
BUT
OMG the roads are superb as are the views :thumb:

Hopefully Toulouse are good to their word and will have it all sorted by 11 today. Hope to see you gays at a RDV near Narbonne around 1.30 or so.

Could someone text or email me a location to stick in my Garmin??

Laters!!! - Rich

Richyd said:
Hopefully Toulouse are good to their word and will have it all sorted by 11 today. Hope to see you gays at a RDV near Narbonne around 1.30 or so.

Could someone text or email me a location to stick in my Garmin??

Laters!!! - Rich

I thought it was supposed to be "What goes on tour, stays on tour" :grin:

Day 3 summary:

Today was our first fine free day, and boy, what a day!! Without doubt the best roads I have ever driven :worship:

The GT3 cooked its brakes, the Carrera its coolant and the turbo s its tyres :grin:

All 9 porks spent a significant amount of time sideways and we have spent the whole day giggling like school girls :D

The icing on chimp's cake was getting behind the wheel of the truly awesome widow maker and living to post the tale :worship:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back