Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

damn damn damn Part 2...

JimJam

Following my self scrubbed alloy...

I've just noticed this morning that someone has driven into my rear bumper!! and left me a line of marks and scratches.

Must have happened yesterday in the car park at the station.

I can probably get some of them out, but not sure what's best to use, someone at work suggests 'mer', anyone used it or recommend something else??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5896

Hi JimJam, I've used 3M Finesse-It II Finishing Material for years. It's brilliant for clearing minor scratches. You'll find details of the product at cms.3m.com

Otherwise you could try Meguiars X-scratch.

Hope this helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5897

Llem-Klay bar from Zymol?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5953

Thanks

can't find anywhere to buy the 3M stuff, any pointers?

I'll go have a look for the Zymol jobby now

Thanks again

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5958

Seems to be in a Lehm-Kaly Painttwork kit for £70...

and only available to professionals :(
link to outlets not working on the Zymol site, have to try it tomorrow

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5963

Jim Jam,

what is the extent of the damage, is it just a layer of paint that has beed laid down on top of yours or has the bumper been scratched, if it is the former I would use either t-cut or the Llem-Klay, if the latter I would use T-cut with a 2000 wet and dry paper, followed by a good polish with whatever you use. Try ringing the Zymol people they are quite helpful, they used to sell the Llem-klay in small quantities and as such I have a small lump, you are welcome to try mine. I live in N.London.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5970

Poon

There's no paint, the scratches have polished out with some Zymol (can't remember the type, but it was in Hellfords) and I'm just left with a line of small indents and rises where the impact must have happened.

If I t cut it do I risk taking off the top shiny coat?

Thanks for the offer of a try with the llem klay, whereabouts in N. London are you? I used to live that side of London, but now live down in West Sussex.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5988

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back