Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Currently, who uses their 993 as a daily?

James Hunt

As per title. Has everyone else got a second car or does nobody use their 993 as Porsche initially intended? I don't, its for sh1ts and giggles only but I am thinking of changing it to the daily.

I've been using my car as a daily for many years. Most often I wait to close the door until the engine's started, this makes the grin stick for most of the day :)
Cheers,
Tore

I've only had it a month, but mine is a daily drive. Coming from my previous car, it's comfortable and an absolute pleasure to get in and start up every day. I'm a hero at the office too :D

Been daily driving 993's for 5 years now....nothing better!

weekends plus the odd weeknight only I'm sad to say....
Then again I'm only a 5 minute walk from work :grin:
commuting's hell ! 8)

Yep, my turbo has been a daily drive for the last 2 years and a 993C4 for 9 years before that. It's way better in the snow than my wife's BMW.

The only time I get a little freaky about it is when the roads are covered in salt and slush...then I get a bit itchy about the underside and wheel arches :nooo:

I've generally always worked in Central London so the car was used weekends and evenings, but in the last month and a half I've been on assignment at the Beeb, white city and have driven it every day. I did consider using the other half's suzuki swift, but the 993 is so special to drive and has never in 8 years skipped a beat!

From next week I'll be working with a different company, based between the Strand and Harlow, for the Harlow commute I'll be using the 993... This wednesday Jaz will be doing my annual service with my Mahle filters and Motul oil and then i'll be good to go for more commuting, and some!...

cobalt911 said:
The only time I get a little freaky about it is when the roads are covered in salt and slush...then I get a bit itchy about the underside and wheel arches :nooo:

Same - however I just take my car to Rainbow Valet centre near Ace Cafe, to snowfoam and jetwash underneath and the arches every so often...

Happily using my 993 everyday in Dubai - highly reliable even thru the summer heat, although only 15 mins between home & work and 2 sets of lights to wait at. Used to have a 997 and have contemplated a 991 - but then think of all the 993 mods & rebuilds I could enjoy for a fraction of 991 depreciation. Most importantly the 993 gives much more thrill at lower speeds than the newer 911 Gran Tourers.

Mine has been a daily since I bought it. I work in a tech firm and it is my company car that I use to travel the country in. I do between 15-30k miles a year and it has never missed a beat.
I don't care about putting miles on it but......for this winter I will be mostly driving my wifes Audi as I have just bought a second set of wheels and winter tires for it.
It's good to see many of us using them daily!

A daily? Not any more.

After another large bill that has wiped me out again, I've put the cover on it and won't be driving it in the forseable future. That way, nothing can go wrong and I won't have to pay for any more repairs.

A great shame because I've driven them every day for 10 years.

Yep used mine as a daily driver for 18 months here in Spain until I bought a second car for the misses. In Q8 I was doing only 3000 Kms per year. In the 2 years I've been in Spain I've knocked up 18000 Kms and it was shear bliss, now only use it for weekends and special events. It still brings a big smile to my face every time I start her up :D

Mine is my only car and has been my daily driver since I bought it almost two and a half years and 30,000 miles ago.

ToreB said:
Most often I wait to close the door until the engine's started, this makes the grin stick for most of the day :)

So I'm not the only one who does that. :lol:

Yup, pretty much every day for work, fun, shopping etc. Looks good next to my trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyrdier00
Back