Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ctek flashing help

Millomboy

Suzuka
Car is supposed to be going to Precision today for check strap repair. Went to garage and car wouldn't start. No blip from h&p key fob. Put ctek on and pressed charge but light stays on for a while then green bottom left button flashes. Same happens if I press recondition. Any ideas?

Is the ctek attached directly to the battery terminals? I'd start with checking the battery directly with a multimeter.

MC

Not sure which model you have but most CTEK battery conditioners won't be able to charge a completely flat battery. You need something with more grunt for that.

Thanks guys. Ctek is connected ok as no fault shown when first connected.don't have multimeter. Was out in car last Saturday and only one cold night. :bonk: :damn:

Hi.

I have personally had 2 batteries just die on me, one moment it was fine 20Km later when I went to start the car I got the dash lights up, the radio and the central locking but no start. Got a jump start from another car and all was well. I replaced the battery and no problems. In my experience I've only ever got a max of 2 years from a battery and I've had OPC batteries, Varta, etc and all have been pretty much the same.

ATB :)

New battery, still won't start. Alarm going mental :x Clicking and wailing. Doesn't look as though new battery had enough charge. That is now on Ctek. Spoken to my local indy, may have to get the car over to him, during the week. :mechanic:

I had to get my ctek changed under warranty when it started flashing like that.

Sorry to here this :what:

wizard993 possibly said:
I had to get my space shuttle changed under warranty when it started flashing like that.

Very wise.

You just can't take liberties with the safety of partially reusable low Earth orbital spacecraft.

New battery fitted Varta E44. Started first time. Quick question. Instructions say leave one of the gas vents open to avoid explosion-no diagram and couldn't see anything to open. Can anyone help with this? Battery is currently (geddit) in, but with disconnection device open.

Millomboy said:
New battery fitted Varta E44. Started first time. Quick question. Instructions say leave one of the gas vents open to avoid explosion-no diagram and couldn't see anything to open. Can anyone help with this? Battery is currently (geddit) in, but with disconnection device open.

You should find one small plugged ventilation hole (about 6mm dia :dont know: ) at each end of the top moulding of your battery and a short free length of clear plastic tube with an elbow at its free end near the battery in your car. They are meant to lead the gases given off by the battery out through the boot floor so they don't accumulate in your boot.
Remove the appropriate vent plug from the battery and plug the vent pipe elbow into it.

Thanks Red. Will look at this later. :thumbs:

OP when the green light flashes in your ctek it is to say that it is mot connected to a battery.

Mine did this recently and it was the clips - they were on a battery but it was not a good clean metal to metal contact. Gave them a little scrape / jiggle and they connected ok and it stopped flashing and started charging.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back