Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cruise Control

markc911

Done a bit of a search on here but cannot find answer.

I have seen a 1999 c4 coupe auto that has taken my fancy will be going up to look at it over the weekend i know the garage has still got it but do not want to call them about the car want to go up on the spot so i can hear it starting from cold etc so back to my question are all 996 factory fiited with cruise control of was this a extra addition.

Cheers

I believe it was an option, it can be retrofitted (ive done my turbo) BUT its a little harder on yours as you would need to run a wire back to the DME whereas the facelift cars its just fit the controls and make a small loom that plugs into the back of the instrument binnacle and one to the fuse box.

cheers for that i guess if thats the case it will cost a bomb to get done

Depends if you can do it yourself dude, the instruments and wires etc are around £200 the rest is time/labour

For an idea of cost fully fitted, look at the Wrightune website. They do retrofits using porsche components.

For £500 prob plus VAT id be doing it myself, the parts will be £200

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back