Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cruise Control group buy for Gen 1 & 2

Maxie

Yas Marina
Hi all, I am currently speaking to a number of OPCs regarding a possible group buy for cruise controls to be retro-fitted to any version of 997. With group discounts, I am coming in on the £465 - £470 mark (incl parts, labour, VAT & warranty).

Is anyone interested to join me in having one of these fitted to their cars?

(With average speed cameras popping up and down the country, I am seeing the need for one of these things)

Cheers,

~ Maxie

If you can acquire the stalk second hand, eBay or Charles Trent Ltd, its a very easy retrofit Maxie. All that then requires is the unit coding.

I may be interested, as I've been thinking about fitting cruise since I do a lot of m-way miles. Although timing may be an issue as I've just spent a chunk on the car already.

I think you also need to cowling around the stalks, that is part of the kit from Porsche.

The cowling is circa £30 from OPC.

I had OPC fit cruise for free as part of the purchase, they claimed it was worth £800 as a sweetner.
I do use it a lot but not sure I would pay even half that given it is a stalk and some coding. Although I am sure they would say the warranty is void if I put it on myself ... :?:

I would be interested, but would this discount be only available on certain OPCs?

I think it's only void if you have non Porsche parts fitted. However Porsche being Porsche I'd be getting their nod before doing it on my own.

I'm having this fitted in June by Wilmslow OPC as well as other stuff. They quoted £495 inc VAT

Rich1221 said:
I had OPC fit cruise for free as part of the purchase, they claimed it was worth £800 as a sweetner.
I do use it a lot but not sure I would pay even half that given it is a stalk and some coding. Although I am sure they would say the warranty is void if I put it on myself ... :?:

:thumb: for OPC Wilmslow especially Alistair their parts team leader.

I used it on my girlfriends car and I found it quite useful on long journeys. I also think it will be useful for using when the are speed restrictions and average speed cameras. It's extremely easy to go over any speed limit in my car without realising it. Doing 100mph is effortless.

RICK911 said:
Why bother ? I have had it on all my cars & never used it.

Recently had it done at Leeds OPC, £480 all in, valeted and polished and a Boxster with 35 miles on the clock to play with for the day. Oh and a health check for peace of mind.now I call that a deal.
Why are people so negative to cruise control had it on all my last 7 or 8 vehicles, would not be without it a very handy and worthwhile feature. I suppose its down to the individual. Only had my Iphone for 6 months how did I manage before :dont know:

Porsche have a special offer at the moment. Just had cruise control fitted at Chester OPC for £400 inc VAT.

Cruise is essential for average speed cameras IMO.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back