Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Courtesy Car?

Alan Weston

Trainee
Into OPC Solihull Wed for a major service they've offered me a Cayenne or Boxster. Plumped for the Cayenne as I fancy something different. Are they easy to drive? Auto's I would think. Used to a Manual!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118778

Yes, very easy to drive, but a bit big for parking, although I think the OPC ones normally come with parking sensors.
Be careful with kerbing the wheels.

The main issue is the brakes have a lot of servo assist.
Good for when you are doing 100 and want to stop (on private road), but bloody lethal when you first get in after a 911.
If you press the pedal like on a 911 you will headbut the windscreen. Have fun.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118782

i had a brand new Boxster S for a day from them and couldn't for the first few miles work out what was 'wrong'. Then realised it has 'suspension' and was leaning alot more than i am used to. Quite good fun but did feel enclosed in it and was glad to pick mine up again to be honest.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118784

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grahame84
Back