Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant leak front pas side

996mike

Silverstone
I have just notice a leak from the coolant system there is a drip coming from the front passenger side of the car dripping near the wheel

Is it a hose or the rad or something else ?

I'd suggest getting the corner of the car up on a jack stand, remove the wheel and have a good look around to see where the water is coming from. Removing the wheel arch liner isn't difficult and gives you a good view of the back/insides of the radiator area.

I experienced the same drip. Took the bumper off and the rad was corroded...

Could be a perished clip or hose. You won't know untill you whip the bumper off!

hazzarelli said:
I experienced the same drip. Took the bumper off and the rad was corroded...

Could be a perished clip or hose. You won't know untill you whip the bumper off!

+1 to that, if your lucky it's a jubilee clip if not likely to be a pin hole in the bottom of the rad.... replace both while you have bumper off 👍 its actually quite an easy job

Just done both my rads after seeing a drip from just in front of the offside front wheel.

The radiator had corroded.

I replaced with ally dual core radiators and fitted some gauze to protect the condensers as per Alex's top tip.

Have a search a few posts down.

Dripping behind the n/s/f wheel is probably the a.c draining .. in front and if pink or a slightly oily feel to the touch then it will be antifreeze ..

A guess would be rads .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back