Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant Hoses - Price to change the complete set.. ??

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
Anyone had any experience of replacing all hoses and the costs involved?

I had the radiators replaced last year after leak and have now found a different puddle elsewhere on the garage floor.

Owning a 997 there is enough to be paranoid about so I thought I would just replace everything that hasn't been done so far...

But any idea on costs ?

£1000 is the usual ballpark for this job.
I had mine done a couple of years ago.

rob_p said:
£1000 is the usual ballpark for this job.
I had mine done a couple of years ago.

Sorry - for clarity - that's the front hoses. There is also one that goes back over the engine - that's another matter as engine needs to be dropped. I had that done as part of an engine rebuild!

As above 1-1.1K for crossover pipes ..

Over engine and its an engine drop ,, 8 hrs manual and about 11 tip plus parts .. engine out always means other items though .

I'll just add .. modern antifreeze seals small leaks .. its clever stuff .. keep a strong antifreeze lvl .. Porsche say 50/50 and it will help .

Crossover pipes and you get them coated in a protection of your choice asap .. i've replaced single rubber pipes in the plastic section many times .. its when the ally pipe is corroded that your into a full set .

Over engine ones .. again coat them in something .. it does help .

deMort said:
As above 1-1.1K for crossover pipes ..

Crossover pipes and you get them coated in a protection of your choice asap .. i've replaced single rubber pipes in the plastic section many times .. its when the ally pipe is corroded that your into a full set .

Over engine ones .. again coat them in something .. it does help .

What would you recommend to coat them, considering this job in conjunction with LTT and water pump.

I tend to say waxoil as a generic term these days .. it's what we tend to use at work but people here will recommend many different items for this ..

Basically anything that's water replant and sticks like glue .

ACF50 is one item recommended here ...

Or just google waxoil .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back