Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Convertable top failure

Cabian

Hi all,
Anyone know how to release the top compartment rear lid on a gen 1 cab ?
Had a 'clunk' noise when starting to lower the roof & the compartment lid failed to raise on offside so jamming the roof operation. Appears to be a hinge / driving rod failure but how to acess it ? Have looked in my technical repair manual but can find no mention of this.
Any help appreciated as sun is shining & I've got no open top driving !

Did you ever find a solution to your question?

Attachments

• img_2359_copy_204.jpg
    img_2359_copy_204.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 1,527
Had to take her in to a Porsche independant garage to get it sorted.
It was a failure, on the offside, of a flexi rod on the mechanism that locks down / unlocks the rear lid. He knew how to disengage it with a long blade screwdriver.
He had done the replacement before but mainly on 996 cabs.
Afraid he had to get the replacement bit as part of a complete assembly, (in the region of £400 + vat), which controls the lifting on both sides.
At least it's all new now so shouldn't fail on the nearside anytime soon.

Thank you for the update, and sorry for not acknowledging it earlier.

My car is currently with Porsche getting the roof attended to; I shall let you know what went wrong with mine in a few days' time.

Am I right in believing the hood mechanism is covered under extended OPC warranty?

glasgow said:
Am I right in believing the hood mechanism is covered under extended OPC warranty?
Yes, it is.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6
Back