Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Connecting PCM 2.1 to an iPod

Daniel

Donnington
I know there is the mobridge, but at £650-800 :eek:

Is there a lead that will just plug in?

Or a lead that will plug in where the CD changer is?

:thumb:

Dan, not sure if you've revealed your new car to us yet since selling the 996 GT3? However from your mention of PCM2.1, I am guessing it is 997.1 of some sort. As you have been bitten by the GT bug, I am also guessing that it can't be a Carrera; you didn't like the power delivery too much of a Turbo 996 when you drove Dave's (I seem to to recall?) so I am discounting the 997 Turbo. So I am guessing it is another GT3 or a GT3 RS. You mentioned it being a beast in one of your last threads so I assume the latter?

The price you have quoted for MoBridge seems to include the Bluetooth connectivity; my Mobridge was £500 without the b/tooth fitted by JZMachtech. It connects to a power socket that the fitter will incorporate during installation in the centre console storage box. As a result of this, your CD changer will be disconnected. If going down the MoBridge route, ensure that the fitter is MoBridge qualified (JZM is) as it is easy to screw up the installation. I was kindly given a MoBridge unit from Jamie (foc) but it turned out to be a faulty unit that was previously mis-installed by a non-qualified fitter. I had to buy a replacement unit after JZM told me that the unit I had supplied was not going to work.

HTH

~ Maxie :thumb:

PS Let's see some pics of your new beast Dan-san!

I think I paid about £300 for mine on eBay and fitted it myself. It isn't that hard to do. I have the bluetooth as well.

MC

Maxie said:
Dan, not sure if you've revealed your new car to us yet since selling the 996 GT3? However from your mention of PCM2.1, I am guessing it is 997.1 of some sort. As you have been bitten by the GT bug, I am also guessing that it can't be a Carrera; you didn't like the power delivery too much of a Turbo 996 when you drove Dave's (I seem to to recall?) so I am discounting the 997 Turbo. So I am guessing it is another GT3 or a GT3 RS. You mentioned it being a beast in one of your last threads so I assume the latter?

The price you have quoted for MoBridge seems to include the Bluetooth connectivity; my Mobridge was £500 without the b/tooth fitted by JZMachtech. It connects to a power socket that the fitter will incorporate during installation in the centre console storage box. As a result of this, your CD changer will be disconnected. If going down the MoBridge route, ensure that the fitter is MoBridge qualified (JZM is) as it is easy to screw up the installation. I was kindly given a MoBridge unit from Jamie (foc) but it turned out to be a faulty unit that was previously mis-installed by a non-qualified fitter. I had to buy a replacement unit after JZM told me that the unit I had supplied was not going to work.

HTH

~ Maxie :thumb:

PS Let's see some pics of your new beast Dan-san!

Thanks mate..

It's not a GT3 or a Turbo.. I will post once I've sorted a few things out!

MisterCorn said:
I think I paid about £300 for mine on eBay and fitted it myself. It isn't that hard to do. I have the bluetooth as well.

MC

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you talking Mobridge or gateway?

Did you lose the use of the CD changer?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back