Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coloured or Silver Crests on Turbo Alloys?

Jam911

Finally, after 2 years of umming, ahhing , justifying it to the other half and myself and then finding a set for the right price, I am having my turbo alloys fitted tomorrow.

Great.

Now which center crests do I go for?

What does everyone think look the best, I am currently thinking coloured crests.

Cheers

And pics tomorrow !!

Really there is only one for the Turbo wheels, which is chrome plastic with monochrome crest, which sort of goes with the polished faces.

I have pics of the standard silver multi coloured ones on these wheels when I get a chance to upload so you can see.

Coloured no contest IMO of course :thumb:
With matching dust caps :grin:
And aligned as required of course :judge:

Always coloured on all wheels :thumb:

Here you go.

1. Standard Silver with coloured crest

2. 997 Turbo Specific Original design Chrome with Black Crest

Thanks very much for the pics Chris

Both look good but I'd say with the Turbo alloy finish I prefer the black crested centres

Why not put it to a proper vote?
I'd go with the coloured badge.

I've just bought (through Chris W :thumb: ) a set of the coloured ones for my 996T wheels and they look great BUT on the 997T wheels I prefer the grey ones.

What colour is your car? It can make a difference. I had grey ones on my seal grey 996C4 as they went so well with the car.

Hmmmm, now you've got me thinking through my bank balances!
Those wheels look beautiful especially the fact they aren't the normal silver paint variant.

Silver on those wheels :thumb: .

I bought a set of coloured caps from ebay to replace my monochrome ones. I think coloured looks better but you get what you pay for. Showing a lot of signs of wear only 6 months into use. I assume the factory versions are better quality but at over £100 it seems at bit much for wheel caps.

AndrewM said:
I bought a set of coloured caps from ebay to replace my monochrome ones. I think coloured looks better but you get what you pay for. Showing a lot of signs of wear only 6 months into use. I assume the factory versions are better quality but at over £100 it seems at bit much for wheel caps.

Indeed - these are viewed as a consumable item. In which case I have only ever bought second hand ones from eBay. I think even third-party copies as opposed to OEM wouldn't go amiss either.

~ Maxie

I am glad this topic came up because I have been thinking whether to replace the my silver ones with coloured ones, on my turbo wheels. But at over £100, I might start to like the silver ones. Plus I wouldn't want to but non oem because it might invalidate my warranty:)

Well I chose the coloured ones, I think they look great.

Attachments

• wheels_150.jpg
    wheels_150.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 5,809

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back