Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Colin's new Turbo

colintinto

Hi All,

Been lurking for a while, but thought I'd break cover with my new motor. Had it for almost 2 weeks now!

1997, Factory fitted power upgrade, carbon seats, black leather, and only 22,500 miles on the clock.

I think she's fantastic, but she doesn't have a name yet...

I've ordered the Zymol starter kit too after reading about it on here.

Will get some better pics when she's all waxed up :)

Colin

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Upload1.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Upload2.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3594

Colin.

Very, very nice! 993 Turbo is the daddy - what does the factory power upgrade give you?

James

PS I think it looks great in yellow - is that Speed Yellow? Looks a bit darker than Speed Yellow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3596

The power upgrade puts it up to 430bhp.

It is Speed Yellow - I was told it was a special order on the Turbo at the time. It was a bit dull when I took the pictures.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3599

Like it Colin!

Saw a yellow 993t at the dealers in Edinburgh and became a convert to liking speed yellow. Don't think I could live with teh attention but it really suits the shape of the car when you see it in the flesh.

Nice one!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3600

Was it for sale or in for a service? It may have been this car, since I live in Edinburgh, as did the previous owner.

As for the attention, my previous car (not quite sold yet!) was a Subaru Impreza 22b, complete with gold wheels, flared arches, and a big wing, so I guess I'm used to it :)

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3606

It was for sale by Glenvarigill - I was last in end of January and it was there for a month or two I think. Speed yellow with black leather, didn't take too close a look in case I got any ideas beyond my finances :)
lovely though.

Also just noticed that Glenvarigill have sneakily relocated to the south side of Edinburgh without telling me!! They're now even further away!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3608

Awesome Colin, the 993 turbo is a work of art! 430bhp should make naming her easy, 'rapid rachel', 'powerful pettra' or just 'the incredibly powerful speed yellow turbo' should do the trick! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3609

For a yellow, that's pretty special. Looks like you have a great car there, Colin, congratulations!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3611

Now that is a good looking car, and a cracking colour too, looks like Porsche stole the paint recipe from Ducati!

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3618

Old forum user Unidentified(4262) wrote:

look after her Colin.that is one fantastic looking motor!how about another couple of pics on a clearer day? f.y.i - speed yellow is quite tricky to shoot,and may come out pale yellow on a too bright a day. 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3958

SexOnWheels

I think there is a map of ireland in my underpants :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3986

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H0wee
Back