Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch question....

pcat

Spa-Francorchamps
My car has been mostly off the road for almost a year. Took it out today for the first time, drove fine gently while the oil got up to temp. The first time I gave it the boot it revved like the clutch was slipping in 2nd then 3rd. After that it was totally fine.

Its a 997.2 c2s, 69k miles, manual on original clutch. I think it's probably a storage thing? Although I've not had this before after storing for the winter, this time it's been laid up a bit longer than usual.

Thoughts?

I've seen this before. Wouldn't worry. It will be a coating of moisture/corrosion on the face of clutch and flywheel, also plate probably a bit glazed. As soon as it slips it burns off and beds back in. Probably not a particularly good technical explanation but I have seen it quite a bit on cars that have been stored.

Thanks, i was hoping it would be something like that :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlb81
Back