Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

clock losing time/window switch issue

imported_MikeP

Anyone have any thoughts on;

- My clock keeps losing time - it appears to work but always wrong after a day or so..

- passenger electric window switch doesnt always work in 'up' position

Anyone had similar ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128560

My driver's side window switch died on me a couple of months ago - I think the contact inside it must have broken because it just wouldn't work at all.

I got a new switch off ebay for around £17 from a seller in Germany.

I'm a complete techno-numpty and hopeless and car DIY but even I was able to swap it over - it just plugs into the connector. Just be careful not to pull the metal surround out from behind the leather trim when you get a screwdriver behind it to lever out the switch.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128619

The old window switches were designed by an apprentice on a Friday afternoon at 4:30pm - like the 993 door check strap welds/design.

So expect them to fail - the Porsche price for the switch is an eye watering 35 quid approx. You could let a dealer do it for you and charge you 50 quid extra - but it is an easy DIY job that even I can do - in fact I will drive to your house - change the switch and show you how to use it for 50 quid - you buy the beer.
Such is Porsche ownership.

My 993 has door strap weld failure at 49k (and its had clicking since 30k miles) - you don't even get that on a Nissan Micra.

The quality of Porsche "engineering".

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128655

Shame these little things ... mine's had the drivers side check strap done - unfortunately been done the 'wrong' (ie cheap !) way by welding it from the front ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129050

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manx100red
Back