Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Choosing Between Two intakes Would Appreciate Your Input

Slopeslider

Chaps I have birthday coming up and the wifey is going to hook me up with a new intake. Looking at the total picture, I currently have a Fabspeed Maxflo exhaust and will be looking to flash the ECU once I have the new intake installed to maximize the benefit of the mods. Utimately, I'm looking for a bit more grunt, improved throttle response and do not want to degrade performance due to heat soak.. I track the car about once a month and feel like the intake and flash maybe just the ticket.

I'm really torn between two vey different intakes. I really like the newer EuroCupGT Twin Intake Kit 996 Carbon Fibre Y Pipe. Being from the US there seems to be Very little info out there about this intake. I have some concerns with the intake not aligning with the air scoop(s) in the deck lid and sucking a lot of hot air. If I go this route, I would add a hole and scoop on the right side for the second filter. I think if I can get the alignment right it would be pretty sweet set-up in addition to being some serious eye candy.
http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/eurocup_porsche_intake_induction_kits.html

The EVOMs V-Flow while now where near as cool looking has a solid reputation and appears to more of CAI. It also comes with a dry filter to minimize any maf fouling. I haven't really read negative on this one.
http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vi...}&Curr={84A5D4C1-C9BE-4E4A-A197-73E9082E1660}

Really torn and appreciate your thoughts on which one to pick.
:?: :?:

There's nothing wrong with the standard intake.

Spend the money on fuel & have some fun 8)

^^^^what he says or drive (control) lessons^^^^

for some impartial advice and guidance perhaps talk to Ken @ Nine Excellence, (he's on here as 996ttalot),

They seem to have tried and tested most intake options on their cars and may well be able to offer some specific advice based on your specific wish-list.

And if he feels that nothing needs doing, he'll tell you honestly.

Thanks PirelliPete!

pirellipete said:
for some impartial advice and guidance perhaps talk to Ken @ Nine Excellence, (he's on here as 996ttalot),

They seem to have tried and tested most intake options on their cars and may well be able to offer some specific advice based on your specific wish-list.

And if he feels that nothing needs doing, he'll tell you honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arv13
Back