Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Children's parties can be fun ..

Tiptop Topcat

Albert Park
because we decided to take Toy for a Sunday drive filled with me, the better half and the three children. :eek:

Saw and had a chat with one couple on Hampton Court bridge driving a really clean LHD 996 C4S in Speed Yellow 8)

Then a friend arrived at the party to me let me drive his new 997 S. GT Silver with all the options. :lol:
May have been a tiptronic but what a machine.

Same torque and slightly more power than Toy, but throttle response and power delivery was quite amazing: even for an old duffer like me. Not sure Tiptronic would be top of my list but it is a very impressive system.

Pedals still seem to be slightly offset but the cabin space is huge compared with Toy. Really comfortable seats and driving position for someone of 6'4 like me. I could imagine getting out of this car after a long journey feeling as comfortable as when I started, having covered the ground at warp speed.

Not sure about the chrono and adaptive suspension though. Sport mode may be fantastic for track or autobahn use, but the change in suspension settings and increasse in road noise makes the car too skittish (IMHO) for the grotty A road surfaces. The standard set up just seems perfect unless you really want to test the limits.

And you can see! Had to have this all too brief spin at night but I could see more than 10m ahead.

I accept that having not owned a plethora of sports cars, my comparisons are limited, but this is one seriously good car. It would have been great to have driven during the day to allow some aclimatisation but one would have to be pretty dim not to recognise the improvements in cabin quality and the engineering brilliance of this car.

And what a noise. No silly button to press, just the right peddle, wait for everything to blur and the engine delivers this absolutely fabulous noise, and all without a turbo in sight. God knows what a 997 turbo is going to feel like.

Well I hope I haven't bored you all with my missive but just had to say how impressed I was. If you can ever afford one or get the chance to drive one (more than demo miles, don't hesitate;

Just couldn't bring myself to talk about my next purchase within hearing range of Toy.

Thanks go to my friend (now BEST) for the drive.

997 ~ Dogs danglys IMHO :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39314

postamble();
how did you legally sit THREE children in the back? Is your 911 the first to have a middle seat with a lap-belt?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39324

Question 2: No

Question 1; Well I can't really answer this in print but my children are aged 6, 5 and 3 and my wife is relatively tolerant.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39328

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 05 December 2005

Question 1; Well I can't really answer this in print but my children are aged 6, 5 and 3 and my wife is relatively tolerant.
Right approach, then. Stick her in the back in the middle sans belt... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39349

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 05 December 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 05 December 2005

Right approach, then. Stick her in the back in the middle sans belt... :wink:

No Maxy...I think what he meant was the 3 yr old went in the storage space under the bonnet & the wife didn't mind too much cos the sweet sound from the engine drowned out the cries from the front...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39353

No I think he meant his wife had to take the bus :eek:

Daz.

C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39366

no she walked!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39370

Hey guys, this was a family day out in the MPV. Wife and No.3 in front, girls in the back. Better half was a bit concerned when youngest shouted "faster daddy" and there was a look of surprise from the gentleman with the C4S :eek:
but hey, we can't all be divorced with a new Porsche and the 20 year old bombshell ........

(I think I'm going to cry...............).

997 was great though 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39393

Closest I've got to the 20yr old bombshell, is the 15yr old Lotus.....other than the 22yr old earlier this year...but that's definietly not for this forum.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39394

and the forum we could get details would be....? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39397

ooohhh those Texan chicks.......just love an English accent.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39399

Problem is Rob that, like several of us, your transport is rather easy to identify if you are anywhere off-piste :wink:
. I even had one of our bank managers asking me whether I was bidding on a site in Hampton when he noticed my car in one of the local boat yards one Friday :oops:

And I'm reminded of years ago when a mate said to me "why are you going out with her, when you could get 2 twenty year olds for the same vintage?". Tables are seriously reversed now :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39400

Texan chicks? I assume you must mean the feathered variety :twisted:

Daz.
C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39401

Ahh, now, Americans, that brings back memories :twisted:

Is this going just a little bit of track .... again !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39402

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by darren james on 06 December 2005

Texan chicks? I assume you must mean the feathered variety :twisted:
Daz.C4S
Naah silicone variety....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39404

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13