Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child Seats - OPC

Stuart Dale

My petrolhead 5 year old needs to see out of the windows and my 2 yr old needs to be restrained so I went down to the local OPC to get a child seat for the back of my 964.

Yes sir we have this one - £450. After I explained that I already had the kid and didn't need to buy one with the seat he said that the price was just for the seat!!

Head down, me and my lad wandered back through the showroom only to find another seat on display in the showroom at £180. I got the receptionist to call him and he grudgingly sold me the cheaper seat.

What is the matter with these people they clearly can't see over the piles of cash and recognise their customers for what they are, surely it is clear that someone driving a 13 year old 964 is not going to spend £450 on a child seat.

I found a polystyrene booster cushion which I cut down to a snug fit for my lad and he now can see out which means he just shouts for me to raz it a lot more. Result.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63858

So he would rather loose the sale, than offer you the cheaper one?????

What the hell is going on in the world.

I am lucky, being very tall my offspring is too, so even at two he can see out of the window.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63861

It is doubly annoying because there are simply no other child seats on the market that go for £450 (and few frankly for £180 except for really whizzy ones with Ipod connection points), so just further evidence of Porsche treating their customers as mugs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65376

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chruth
Back