Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child seat

luke

Trainee
Anybody got a child seat for a 964/993 (that doesn't need a seat belt extension) that they don't need any more - if so I've got a cheque with your name on it...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14043

Just bought a child seat from an OPC myself and as you obviously know it needs a seat belt extention. This said, I've ordered a new seat belt for the rear which will be longer £63+ vat from porscheapart. Apparently its coming from Germany.

A downside (apparently, since it hasn't arrived yet) is that when the belt is retracted it won't sit tight against the seat owing to the increased length, but I plan to tuck the excess behind the seat to tidy it up when I'm not using it.
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14057

SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT BUT ANYONE KNOW OF A BOOSTER SEAT THAT WILL FIT BACK SEATS OF 996, TRIED BRITAX ONE BUT THE CLIP DOESNT FIT INTO THE SOCKET VERY WELL AS FOULS ON THE SIDE AND DONT THINK IS THAT SAFE AND VERY AWKWARD TO GET IT CLICKED IN WHEN THE KIDS IN THE SEAT.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14059

Think I might be forced down the new seat belt route as well - have just been quoted £70 + VAT by the OPC for the belt, and am about to find out what they want for the privilege of fitting it - its just bl**dy annoying as I need two seats, and I've just been given one by a mate from his 964 that doesn't need a longer belt and actually fits into the rear bench better than the brand new one from the OPC...hence the original post.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14065

I'm going to fit it myself, since apparently its easy. You just remove the rear shelf which exposes the seat belt spool and then unbolt the old and replace with the new.

No doubt it will be a 13mm socket, since every other bolt on the car is :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14067

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back