Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Check Engine visit Workshop

Gollom122

Got the dreaded light and warning today - I was just toodling along warming up and after about 15 minutes driving like an old lady the error flashed up.
Drove home sensibly and plugged in the Durametric.
Showing Error codes P2187 and P2189
Oxy Sensor Control Adapt Bank 1 and Bank 2 respectively.
Cleared error codes and idled for 5 minutes not returned. Going to go for a 20 minute drive to visit a friend and will see if they pop back up again.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

Not sure if this helps but I had a similar thing a couple of months back.
Sorry but I did not make note of the error codes at the time.

After the faults were cleared by RSJ it was fine for the 25-30 mile journey home. (This is after switching the engine off and back on again after they cleared them)

However the very next restart the light would come on again. I had it cleared once more and the same thing happened. No faults after they were cleared and driving a few miles but switch the engine off then on again and the light came back on.

I had to replace one of the oxygen sensors in the end & now it's fine.

I suppose I'll have to wait and see if it reoccurs but I was surprised to see both Bank 1 and Bank 2 with the same error unless 1 sensor covers both banks.

I have both out on bank 2, decent price online about £90 each compared to Porsche Newcastle at £190+vat each.

anyone know from the code which sensor this is (these are)? I am presuming Pre Cat ?!
Just done 2 x 20 minute drives with no error returning.

Was out all day yesterday and no error returning - could this just be a glitch?

A tank and a half of fuel later - and similar driving like miss daisy style - and the warning light returns - same codes again.
Anyone know what I should replace? Is it worth cleaning my MAF sensor?

I feel so stupid -perhaps if I'd spend less time on the computer and more in the engine bay I could have resolved this problem much earlier.

The Oil cap was off!

Must have forgot to replace it when I topped her up few weeks ago.
:shoot:

Gollom122 said:
I feel so stupid -perhaps if I'd spend less time on the computer and more in the engine bay I could have resolved this problem much earlier.

The Oil cap was off!

Must have forgot to replace it when I topped her up few weeks ago.
:shoot:

A bit embarrassing, but you must be very relieved all the same :grin:

Same for me when I didn't tighten the wheelnuts properly once on my last car :eek: :hand: :oops:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back