Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap Turbo

Daniel

Donnington
Tis indeed cheap, not the best colour combo and of course 107K miles.......

But if it checks out could be a good bargain buy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105500

100K miles just seems such a mental barrier for me when looking at cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105528

if porsche did a diesel 100k would be just running in..... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105538

I bet that Porsche, if serviced regularly will be kicking out more horses than standard, although the Turbos might need replacing.

Nothing annoys me more than those 5-6 year old Porsche with less than 15k on the clock.....drive the car for f. sake!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105539

that TT could be a bargain and in my limited experience the 993 is so well made it should take the miles well - esp if properly looked after. Agree on the potential problems of low mileage, but not always a problem. My M3 has 19k on the clock and is 4 years old - but seems none the worse for it - but i do use it carefully and avoid short journeys.

PS why are 964 Turbo's so much cheaper than 993 TT's?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105671

993tt's apart from having the extra turbo also have the better chassis(well less likely to drag you thru a hedge backwards)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105679

thanks Rodders - I did not know that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105696

Hi Tim,

Lovely car, have you just acquired this from Leeds by chance (last 9 months) ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105701

Hi Bonno - August and not Leeds. Does it look familiar? BTW your sig. shows 460bhp :lol:
- may i ask what mods you've got and if you are happy with them?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105707

Hi Tim,

Last September I went on the factory tour with the Porsche Club GB - An Absolute Must - met this guy who had a V.similar car to yours

I bought my car from Strasse last August (2005) it already had a pair of cat bypass pipes fitted as well as re map. Cost for both was £1500.

I'm not too technically minded mechanically but I love the car and she goes like a rocket!!!

Bought the car on the strength of face value and found Strasse to be V. honourable

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105713

I don't reckon £34k is cheap enough for 107k miles- £39k will buy you one with half the miles on which will be much easier to resell.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105766

There is a 993 Turbo with 98k miles with warranty at Verdi for £34995

About the right price for that mileage..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107159

Hi Guys

I always find forum chats very interesting. thanks for the comments on the turbo. Yes it is slightly high mileage at just over 10K/annum but I have had in the region of 10 911 in last 15 year some low and some high mileage cars. I have always found however that the higher mileage cars do go faster and are more reliable due to usage right across the rev range.

This car is a good honest car and is very quick and was bought with developement in mind but a GT3RS is looming hence the sale.

I was speaking to Steve McHale at JZ and he informs me that they do approx 50 engine rebulids/annum and to date they have never had to rebuild a 993T4 engine. Great news for all owners especially with slight mods performance of 450/500 BHPis easily capable.

Any ways thanks again and I am open to sensible offers for the turbo which is still the Best value car for sale in UK

I have also uploaded a slection of pics which show the interior to be correct colour combo

regards

Raymond 0783677805

964 speedster & '72 911 3.5ltr RS replica

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108510

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back