Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cheap 911 plate wanted

Matthew Clunk

Trainee
either P911*** or 911*** plate wanted for my P-plate car.

also consider

C4 S**

**C 4S

993***

variants

please email details of what you have and asking price including transfer to
[email protected]

I do have 'R500A' available for p/x to (on retention) if any of you are into Caterham's also? (long-shot though), but a nice short plate (that won't go on my new car due to it being a P and not an R - darn).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36769

you tried DVLA?......got C4 RGK for £399 all in about July time

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36776

You're right Roddy, DVLA are an excellent source of C4 and C2 plates. In August, I purchased "C2 RND" from DVLA for £399 (all inclusive of VAT and £80 transfer fee!). I reckon that's a bargain.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36778

I bought a *** 911 plate at a DVLA auction last week, unfortunately for me somebody else also wanted it, and subsequently the price went well over the £500 reserve, take a look here for an indication of prices....

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/Auction/p/

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36800

Wow....looking at these prices I think going direct to DVLA...represents great value, if they have what you are after....got mine last week for £999....GT03 ROB

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36803

Agreed- the auction prices look great value compared to the brokers.

Or a cheaper option still is to change your name by deed poll to match your car reg...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36804

Very nice plate Rob (nice car too).

Bargain price as well!

I reckon a broker would charge £3k to £5k for that plate.

Shows how much you can save by going directly to the DVLA. I believe that sometimes the DVLA don't realise when they have a special plate (it does not click with them). Hence, bargains can be picked up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36805

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 01 November 2005

Wow....looking at these prices I think going direct to DVLA...represents great value, if they have what you are after....got mine last week for £999....GT03 ROB
Someone near me has GT03 FAB on a very nice black GT3. Anyone here?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36807

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Neil Dickson on 01 November 2005

Shows how much you can save by going directly to the DVLA. I believe that sometimes the DVLA don't realise when they have a special plate (it does not click with them). Hence, bargains can be picked up.
When I rang them up for it, the guy on the phone said "Ok, I understand the ROB bit, but what's the significance in GT03?"....might even go back & get GT02 ROB in the hope of one day getting the car to match....dream on!! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36810

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard F on 01 November 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 01 November 2005

Someone near me has GT03 FAB on a very nice black GT3. Anyone here?

unless Lady Penelope from the Thunderbirds has traded in her Roller.... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36811

So judging by the number of people on this thread that have personalised registration numbers, can I take it that other Porsche owners consider it to be an acceptable practise to adorn our cars this way? and that contrary to what my girlfriend thinks, I'm not such a sad git after all? Perhaps she is just jealous that I didn't spend the money on her. I say you have got to get your priorities right!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36814

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 01 November 2005

Agreed- the auction prices look great value compared to the brokers.

Or a cheaper option still is to change your name by deed poll to match your car reg...
Robert, another corker; worth staying at work for. You didn't used to read Viz by any chance did you?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36820

Years ago a friend had a marina ALT 8I6S

To this day we call him ALT BIGGS

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36852

I got my plate C4 S** from
http://www.pl84u.co.uk/
for £500 including plates and they took care of all paperwork for transfer. I was happy with their service.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36885

Where is ACE Parts

ACE 911S £500

on DVLA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37271

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P12NLL
Back