Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Chasing a door rattle.

Endoman

I've been getting a nasty rattle from the passenger door on my 993. The road surfaces here are terrible and it really bugs me, the driver's door is fine.
Took the card off and nothing obvious, all bolts tight The window lifter looks ok but rattle stops when window is fully down. Any thoughts? Is the window lifter starting to fail somewhere I can't see?

Had exactly the same problem when I bought the car: rattle on driver's door which disappeared when wound down 2in. Solution? New rail for glass (£79.47 + VAT) and 2 hours labour. Also had door handle rubber gaskets done at same time (£9.18 + VAT, labour included).

Result - perfect and now rattle-free. Alternative might be rebuild by an expert, as my guy said he thought it might just be something not re-tightened correctly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back