Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

centre console colour

j70ste

Trainee
After some help please guys cam anybody tell me what colour silver my centre console is ? Tried Porsche they can't help!!

Need to get for body shop as having a set of s/seats backs colour coded

Would be very great full of any help

Cheers

Ste

Is it factory painted? Arctic is the most common colour by a long way on the 996. Polar has a blue tint to it.

MC

If someone other than yourself painted it I would doubt you would get the paint code, is it a factory option, I ask as they are usually body colour?

A decent body shop or motor factors would be able to match the paint with their colour books I would have thought, or failing that get the console done at the same time as the seats.

As above.

Failing that you could drop 911 Turbo a pm, he's well up on all the different silver hues.

MisterCorn said:
Is it factory painted? Arctic is the most common colour by a long way on the 996. Polar has a blue tint to it.

MC

MC Am pretty sure it is artic silver TBH but was trying to make sure before body shop paints them. I presume its genuine but you never know. Can I ask I know both you guys have fitted s/seats how do you get on with wiring them in my new seats are only two pin electric backs only and present seats are electric bottoms also

All help greatly appreciated

Ste

My car is Polar silver body colour but has a small aluminium look pack from new.. so the dial surround is silver.. I've done some digging as I was thinking of paint my centre console to match.. this is what I came up with..
Regards
Johnny

Attachments

• 2a42aa65_369d_4a25_aee3_003efefe4118_189.jpeg
    2a42aa65_369d_4a25_aee3_003efefe4118_189.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 1,732
:yeah:

My Polar Silver 996T had several bits of silver inside - although not the centre console - and they were all classed as 'aluminium'.

My bet would be that yours is the same and that JTBKKs colour info is correct.

j70ste said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

MC Am pretty sure it is artic silver TBH but was trying to make sure before body shop paints them. I presume its genuine but you never know. Can I ask I know both you guys have fitted s/seats how do you get on with wiring them in my new seats are only two pin electric backs only and present seats are electric bottoms also

Ste

you can take off the backs of the sports and place them on your bases? They are quite modular, once stripped the frames are the same on non sports seats

j70ste said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Ste

As mentioned. You can switch the sports seats backs onto the base of the seats you have if you want to keep the full electric. Both seats use exactly the same base and overall frame. What I will say is that the half manual seats can go lower and I personally found that more comfortable.

If you are happy with them being part manual then it will just be a straight swap. The seats have a common multi point connector underneath which would only be an issue if you were going from part manual to fully electric as the wiring wouldn't be present on the car side of the loom.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6
Back