Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman Specification

SimonK

Has anybody ordered and spec'd a Cayman?

What did you go for?

Also, all the press are reporting it having full leather as standard per the 997. But my dealer is calculating this as an £1150 option.

Thanks, Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29280

The dealers don't know, simple as that. Mine said that if I had the brochure through the post this week, then I knew as much as him. They / the press / the various forums etc seem to think it has full leather, but the dealers are saying that the full spec is some way off yet, and to use the Boxster options list as a guide to the Cayman options (but this then contradicts the idea that the Cayman has full leather.....)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29283

The dealers have access to a configurator for the cayman like we can see on the website for boxster and 911.

Ive chosen:

Seal grey, ocean blue leather, park-assist, bi-xenon, full auto climate, cruise, heated seats, sports seats, crest on seats, mats. (Sticking with standard wheels and suspension.)

Have also added at dealers suggestion:

Coloured wheel centres, door entry guards in stainless steel, sound package plus

Have not added dealers other suggestion of aluminium rear centre console

Any comments?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29284

blue leather :eek:

black is best come resale

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29286

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by SimonK on 30 May 2005

The dealers have access to a configurator for the cayman like we can see on the website for boxster and 911.
Fair enough, obviously my dealer just wasn't very clued up (I won't name and shame).

If you don't mind me asking, what prices were they quoting for the options you spec'd? Seal grey is a top choice. Is there a sports exhaust option?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29291

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 30 May 2005

blue leather :eek:
black is best come resale
Well i like it!

Sure silver/black or black/black would be best for resale. But a couple of opc saleman have said the grey/blue is nice and certainly not a resale disaster.

Main thing is I dont like everything in black but i do like a dark dashboard. Which kind of limits choices the way porsche make you choose a single colour for the whole inside.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29301

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by neil1003 on 30 May 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by SimonK on 30 May 2005

Fair enough, obviously my dealer just wasn't very clued up (I won't name and shame).

If you don't mind me asking, what prices were they quoting for the options you spec'd? Seal grey is a top choice. Is there a sports exhaust option?
Neil I only did this yesterday so I dont know how long the dealers have had access to the system.

Obviously specs/prices could change between now and release. But basically it seems the same options and prices as the boxster. Obviously nothing soft top related and theres some kind of luggage partition thing. Also the £142 sports steering wheel isnt showing as an option so we are assuming its standard. No sports exhaust unfortunately.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29302

Simon

Grey / Blue is a great combo and will be fine at resale. All my silver cars had blue leather and this was great.

I had a Cayman on order, but really can't justify the cost. Unless the plan I put into place last week comes through.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29303

Whats your plan then Sean?!

Did you ever go for a different finish on the rear centre console thingy? My dealer is very keen on me to have aluminium but I think it will be too bright and won't match the upper part which is a darker grey. Was thinking about body colour perhaps as this is grey.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29305

Simon

Body colour would be nice, I always had the ali interior.

Plan at the moment is to import a 996 Cup Car, but still looking into it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29307

Dealer said today that they definitely didn't have ANY info about options, but they were working on the assumption that the standard spec would be the same as the Boxster S and the options around the same price as well. Seems different dealers tell different stories!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29341

Hmmmm, well he showed me the configurator on his screen and went through it with me. Worked the same as we see on the web except there were no photos available of what you were doing. Just a message saying something about artwork not done yet. Altho like you say the options and specs ive been given are almost identical to boxster s.

Dont suppose its worth worrying about as even the november cars wont need a final choice of spec for a good couple of months yet.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29345

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back