Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman Gen 1 987 2008 Fuel Economy

Sandeep1221

Hi all

Long time lurker here.

I have owned a Cayman 987 2.7 2008 Tiptronic for over a year which has averaged out the mpg at 20.7. I mainly drive on A and B roads for commuting and not heavy footed. The car had its major done last with and last week had the system calibrated by a Porsche Technician using the correct equipment.

Could anyone suggest if anything else could be done to increase the fuel economy?

I have always used Tesco/Costco Super Unleaded.

Cheers,

That looks a bit low. Tyres and pressures?

fuel

I don't get less than 28mpg in my 2007 and that's foot to the floor.
my rears tyre pressures are 31psi.

30/37 tyre pressures? Am I reading that correctly, the car has near 50/50 weight distribution. I would run the backs a touch more inflated than the fronts.

Definitely feel your MPG is suffering from something. I got not much less than that smashing it around on dead quiet roads regularly.

How are you measuring your mpg? Are you using the trip computer or working out the brim to brim consumption and checking against mileage?

Had a cayman s manual and it got better than that driving around London daily. Seems well low for a 2.7.

Yeah was going to say, just reread this, that low in a 2.7 woah! There's issues there!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeff dussault
Back