Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cat by-pass fitted

clinchy993

Daytona
Best cheapish mod to date

DSC_0975_zpsaa01e835.jpg

New Lambda sensor fitted as well :grin:

1 Instant gain in throttle response the car picks up far quicker away from a standing start and coming out of corners at speed in lower rev ranges

2 More weight shaved off

3 Easy access to cam cover

4 A far better more purposeful sound than a G-pipe as it is not just a loud noise :grin:

Will post fitted pictures tonight

Hi Clinchy

Is it not possible to fit an early pre catalyst 964 box or is that still relatively restrictive? Also will your car pass a non moody MOT with the bypass?

All the best

Berni

berni29 said:
Hi Clinchy

Is it not possible to fit an early pre catalyst 964 box or is that still relatively restrictive? Also will your car pass a non moody MOT with the bypass?

All the best

Berni

Hey Berni hi bud

All 964s were fitted with cats but early cars could be specced with cat delete I have only ever seen 1

And it was very simular to the £75 pipe I picked up

Cars up to 92 did not have to have a cat to pass current mot

Have you got the 'standard' exhaust with the cat delete pipe?

I'm thinking one of those plus a G-Pipe may be too loud :dont know:

Zingari said:
Have you got the 'standard' exhaust with the cat delete pipe?

I'm thinking one of those plus a G-Pipe may be too loud :dont know:

De cat + Primary + Final as I want to keep it low on the DBs for trackdays

Tim Richardson has the set up you are looking Brian, It sounds great but way over 105DB

I fitted a cat bypass to my 964 when I had it. Standard primary and final, and found the bypass gave a slightly deeper sound, but not necessary louder. Well worth doing, and relatively simple, provided the bolts can be undone. Some of mine wouldn't budge, so got a dremmell to those. Fitted new all round. Some were virtually eaten away with corrosion.

Ive got the same decat on my 64. Lost the lambda bung last week so with the g pipe its silly.

Bunged up though it sounds tremendous. Far too loud for southern track days though. Knockhill is fine :thumbs:

Was the decat a bit of a stretch to fit? I might get mine lengthened, save any undue stresses.

OlberJ said:
Ive got the same decat on my 64. Lost the lambda bung last week so with the g pipe its silly.

Bunged up though it sounds tremendous. Far too loud for southern track days though. Knockhill is fine :thumbs:

Was the decat a bit of a stretch to fit? I might get mine lengthened, save any undue stresses.

I had to have mine lengthened when I fitted mine as it was too short.

Hello Clinchy!

I did not realise all 964's had a cat. I had an early 89 C4 which I always thought did not have a cat, but actually perhaps it did. It was in the days before the internet so finding out anything technical was a lot harder!

All the best

Berni

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back