Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera sidestripes on 997, good idea, colour choice?

segart

Nurburgring
Hi guys, I have a midnight blue 997.2 coupe, with red calipers.
I really like the look of the old carrera with the Carrera lettering along the bottom of the doors/sides of the car, and am thinking of putting some on my 997.
Question. Good idea? A bit naff?
Second question. What colour of stickering will look best baring in mind the dark blue colour of the car? Red to match the calipers? White?
All opinions valued!
BTW I am in touch with Rick at Highgate House who will supply them.
Cheers
Rick

I like a bit of side stripage. What colour are your rims? The stripes might look good if they matched the rims.

I considered this, albeit the Porsche script, and came to the conclusion that the 997.2 was so clean in its lines that it wasn't necessary. But if I had to choose, I'd go a lighter shade of blue or a mid grey.

Yes should have said, I have carrera sport wheels in mid grey. I think the car looks epic but I would like to add some fizz to it just for fun! Grey sticker age would blend in, but maybe a bit bland? I need to get it right as sticker age is not that cheap!

Midnight is such a great colour!

Try it and see if you like it - always easy to go back. I'd pick white, grey or silver. Could you match the wheel colour?

If you had dark wheels, something like gold, bronze or copper could look great too.

964_carrera_blue.jpg

stripes_1_fd01f3bb044f9afa62d65879cb84633f72e88ecf.jpg

porsche_997_2_847side_decal_e3d199f103a2e67cba78ddaa6635617a76314b0d.jpg

Great pics Yellow and thaks all for the feedback. I think I am leaning towards white or grey, but white will likely win it. I am thinking also of a stripe down the frunk, roof etc and white would work well for that. As well as some white roundels!! Wi post pics when done.
Thanks again guys
Rick

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back