Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera 4 964

tancho

Took it for a mot today only failed on a couple of items. Mainly light bulbs not working and a small blow on the exhaust joint. Does anyone know what the centre knob which you can turn left or right but always goes back to the middle. Its something to do with the four wheel drive I think but would like some advice on what it does please

Locks the differentials to assist with stability in poor conditions at slow speeds

Should be explained in the handbook if you have one or a search online.

I've left we'll alone as the likelihood is I'd break something and never expect to find myself in conditions when I'd want to use it :oops:

Yes, turn it to the right to lock the diffs to get out of snow/mud etc and only use at very low speeds; when active, light by switch will blink. To turn off, just turn it to the left and light goes out.

Thanks guys just driving home from the mot it didn't feel right just wondered if the garage had messed with it. As I don't think they now to much about these cars. I have no book to look in and also can not seem to find anything on the net.

It's going back to the garage to have the work done then it will pass the mot. I'm going to sell it after that as I can not seem to get on with it. I don't think it's for me properly get the money and save a bit more for a turbo or a boxter s.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back