Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carkit Advice

Craig Bruce

Hi,

I'm picking up a 51 plate 996 Cabrio on Friday, with BOSE sound package hooked up through a CR-22. Any recommendations for handsfree carkits and their fitting ?

My preference is a Bluetooth carkit, with the Ericsson one being the most likely - any issues with wiring this through the existing system ? I've heard mutterings that certain installs can cause interference or other audio problems.....which I'd obviously like to avoid.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

P.S. Any advice on a good/cheap hardtop rack/in-garage storage system would also be gladly received

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7985

Hi Craig,

I use the SonyEricsson bluetooth car kit on my 993, and I've experienced no probs.

Definately the way to go on carkits, that way you can change your phone and no have to worry about all the hassle of changing your carkit every time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8000

nice car

Agree with JamesM, I found that the batteries in the bluetooth handsfree seem to run out really quick and always in mid conversation ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8013

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back