Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carbon fibre search/Sat Nav

alan sweeney

Montreal
Hi,

Just thought I would have a bit of a moan. Been sourcing a Carbon fibre centre console for my 996 C4S getting silly quotes.

I just contacted a recognised dismantlers to be told I will not get the said part second hand. He explained that he has NEVER come across any carbon fibre on any of the porsche vehicles they have dismantled. hmmmm very interesting.

Didn't even got to asking about gear and handbrake lever.

Any way if anyone has any contacts or knows of any carbon fibre parts please let me know.

On another note does any one have any experience with the Pioneer AVIC hard drive ICE system. If so does this beat the factory PCM2??

Regards Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85759

if the car has PCM2 and the most wiring

can you fit another head unit?

worth checking as if you fit a replacement head unit or a cd changer the car has to go to an OPC for the unit to be programmed to the cars ECU

try simon at Porsch apart he may have some carbon bits

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85781

Saw a few on ebay a couple of days ago. It was a company so they had lots of different bits

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85783

Hi Alan..

Have just placed an order for a Carbon Trim with these guys...The cheapest ive found...

Check them out... just click on Porsche..as they do trims for several manufacturers..

Hope this link helps

http://www.exoticwoodtrim.com/default.asp

H[/quote:A4cVk8YWfH]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86051

Alan, have you tried Carnewal?; they list some carbon fibre bits for the 996 interior.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86052

and the Pioneer AVIC range of sat nav systems are market leaders, much better than PCM2 by far

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86059

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back