Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car wont start. update - royally f@#ked up!

AndrewM

Hockenheim
997 turbo. Put key in, recognises it, unlocks etc. Does everything but start. Not a sausage. Not hearing anything from the engine bay. Bizarre. Im 40 miles from my spare key so can't try that.

any suggestions?

UPDATE

AA sent a van and a couple of guys looked it over. Got me into the car then got me to lock it and said they were resetting the immobiliser. Disconnected battery and locked me in the car! Windows wouldn't work, doors couldn't be opened. One and a half hours later, the wife turned up with the spare key and released me. they put a new battery in but no change.

Now nothing works properly. Doesn't recognise either key, boot release doesn't work (even using the bypass in the fusebox). Basically the car is bricked. Thankfully the alarm has stopped.

I don't know these idiots have done but its as if the car has gone into a total theft mode if such a thing exists. Getting an auto-electrician first thing in the morning.

Has anyone had anything at all like this happen?

Its a tip. If I try to start it without depressing the brake it does say to press the brake. But nothing happens when I turn the key further.

Could be sticky starter motor.
I had this on my M3, but that was a manual - rocking the car in 2nd gear moved the starter motor on and it sprang back to life. Try holding the ignition on for 2 to 3 minutes - this also worked on my M3 when the starter motor stuck - sometimes 20 to 30 seconds did it but once it took 2 and a half minutes.

Also try fiddling with your gear stick as it might not be truly engaged in N. Not being a Tip man - will these things start in P - try that.

non starter

..Had similar problem a few years ago, turned out to be a blown fuse !!! or possibly the security system has re-set itself, try locking and unlocking the door with the key manually

Hi, tried the manual key thing early on but no joy. AA should be here soon but will have a look at the fuses.

oh no - not the old 'turn it off and back on again and that should fix it' response from the AA.
You should have had the key turned to the first click and dropped your window just in case before they did that - I bet your ears were bleeding.

Please update when you can.

Gollom122 said:
oh no - not the old 'turn it off and back on again and that should fix it' response from the AA.
You should have had the key turned to the first click and dropped your window just in case before they did that - I bet your ears were bleeding.

Please update when you can.

Yup, harsh lesson learned in that direction anyway!

Do you have vehicle tracking system?

The operator once remotely disabled my car by accident when I cancelled a subscription. Sounds very similar

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back