Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car scratched - Need a 24 hour dash cam

P911X50

Nurburgring
Hi

My wifes car was scratched and I wondering if anyone can recommend a camera which can record 24 hours a day?

Most only record if there was an accident

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your car being damaged.

There are plenty of dashcams which will allow for continuous parking recording or event only recording. The issue you will have if you just install without additional battery supply is car battery drain. A good car battery will allow you to have parking mode recording for about 12-14 hours. Beyond that and over a sustained period of time ( ie multiple nights for example ) using just your car battery without further power and parked recording time will be significantly reduced. Especially if the car is not daily driven.

I put some useful info in this thread.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=144750&highlight=

Regds
Jungle

Thanks,
I've bought a blackvue 650 with a power kit. Hopefully, I will catch the blighter.

The Blackvue is a solid choice. The 650 model was the first dash cam I ever installed. If you have DAB radio in your wifes car I would recommend installing a Ferrite Core on the power cable at the camera end to help reduce DAB interference on both front and rear cameras.

Good luck catching the culprit.

Jungle

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grahame84
Back