Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car detailed

Hicko5

Because my wheels are away with chris from excel I thought it would be a good idea to go the whole way and get the car detailed as because it black its started to form swirls that you can see in sunlight, so I contacted a local company regarding and this was where it stopped!! The guy I spoke to informed my that he would need the car for 4 days to work on at a cost of £800 Errrr no thank you. So I decided to try the meguiers 3 stage polish witch strips it back with the 1st then polishes with the 2nd and waxes with the 3rd. And to be fair it's a great improvement I've now got a swirl free 997. Oh and biceps like this. î…Œ

Hope you took some photos. How long did it take?

It took about 4 hours altogether so not too bad ill upload the before and afters later.

Martian said:
Only four hours? It takes me that long just to wash my car! :mrgreen:
Snap re washing time!
I do my own detailing. The internet is your friend and also forums like Detailing World. I've been on there for years.
£800 though, that is some cash!
Isn't it great though when you finish a job like machining your car!!!!!
:thumb:

4 hours is quick! It takes me that long just to wash, clay, wax & polish mine.

~ Maxie

4 hours for me is just a wash, dry and QD!!
It's a job I love to do....................thankfully
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back