Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CAR BUYING SCAM

mark pearce

Singapore
Heard an interesting story this week, with an interesting twist at the end

I bought a Range Rover from a car dealer in blackpool, heres the tale

back in 1979 Rolls Royce Shadow II's were fetching £11K over list

Chairman of a PLC takes his Roller to a car dealer,car dealer looks it over takes him onto the showroom, fills in his purchase invoice and gives him a Bankers draft for the cars list price, as the dealer suggests the £11K premium in cash as its tax free!!

The car dealer offers to take the customer down to the bank to get the cash as its much safer, we'll take the mercedes in case someone scratches the rolls in the car park,

Both walk into the bank, car dealer says oh dear i've left my cheque in the car i'll be back in a moment

Car dealer vanishes,

The Rolls ex owner has a signed purchase invoice and a bankers draft for the cars original purchase price!!!!

The next day i told the story to chum of mine who was the buyer for a prestigious sport car importer, no names, but their new cars cost £100K Plus

HIS COMMENTS

Oh hes still doing it then

i said who,

Oh ### ##### your not the first person to off told me that one

Everytime someone reports him to the police, theres no case, signed invoice customer in posession of a draft for a second hand car sold for the cars new price, whos going to give you £10K morethan what the car cost you new!!

NAMES HAVE BEEN OMITTED IN CASE SOMEONE SENDS THE BOYS ROUND

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44893

Might be 'cos it's Monday, and I is being thick, but I don't see how this works. What happens with the V5? The guy appears to have a showroom that could be "visited", so he is sooner or later going to cross the wrong people and end up wearing a concrete overpass.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44977

when or if you report it to the police, the vendor has a signed invoice and a draft for the invoiced amount,

how do you prove the missing £10K, that youre owed, that you were going to receive in cash tax free?

and if the car dealer operates behind locked gates, by appointment only, its a bit difficult to drive an old metro through the showroom windows

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44978

Ah, lightbulb moment! Sure it's going to end in tears for him one day though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44979

Heard an interesting story from a director of Porsche Japan - an honest buyer bought a secondhand Carrera GT in France, the car was shipped to Japan and registered - no problems so far.

The new proud owner, realised he only got the one plastic key and one key for the car! So, he rings up Porsche and requests a spare, Porsche JP contact Porsche France who immediately claim the car was claimed STOLEN in france and the proper police reports were made!

Anywhere else in the world - and this is a fact, the authorities can claim the car and ship it back to its rightful owner - whether they do it or not is besides the point and quite frankly tough luck for the mug who paid for it! BUT, in JP, tough luck to the guy who lost his car! The car will remain in JP, the new owner will not be able to get new keys but can drive the car and have warranty work carried out as problem!

Moral, don't let me in your motors when I am in the UK in summer!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44986

I don't get why you'd want the 'premium' tax free- capital gains on private car sales are free of tax anyway.

I must say I'm with Richard on this- cross rich people tend to have long arms, which can reach through a 'by appt only' locked gate! So I suspect our friend will get his soon enough... :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44990

A little while ago when secondhand BMW X5 diesels were scarce. There was an advert in the Times offering a vehicle very keenly priced. The buyer was offered a substantial cash discount if the deal could be completed that day, as the owner needed funds avoiding any tax man.

The buyer duly arrived at the arranged meeting point and was robbed of the cash. The seller drove off in the X5 with his cash laughing.

Six months later. A chap I know responded to a similar ad in loot, but smelt a rat.

He went to the arranged meeting, supported by 6 friends. This time the tables turned when the buyers friends joined the negotiations. They beat the living crap out of the 4 guys selling the X5 and took a baseball bat to every panel, including the roof of the X5. Justice.

I know they should have called the Police. But what would have happened, ***** all probably.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44999

Very good :twisted:

If anyone has a simillar problem, then I have some numbers for assistance up in Birmingham for gentlemen who take care of things,

And even phone you on your mobile so that you may listen to the negotiations :wink:

Annon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45000

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 06 February 2006

Very good :twisted:
If anyone has a simillar problem, then I have some numbers for assistance up in Birmingham for gentlemen who take care of things, And even phone you on your mobile so that you may listen to the negotiations :wink:
Annon
Can we all start calling you Bullet Tooth Tony ? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45003

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 06 February 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 06 February 2006Very good :twisted:
[/i:WwJD9uevhu]

If anyone has a simillar problem, then I have some numbers for assistance up in Birmingham for gentlemen who take care of things,

And even phone you on your mobile so that you may listen to the negotiations :wink:

Annon
Can we all start calling you Bullet Tooth Tony ? :wink:

-------------------------------

Nono I am a good boy :oops:

Over the years have got friendly with some well connected people, never know when it might come in handy :wink:

They cant do anything about speeding tickets though :(

Bullett Tooth Tony

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45007

Slightly off topic...... Im looking to buy a new family motor, and decided on an XC90. So looking in Autotrader I find a guy advertising at £16K when its worth £25+K, seems he is in France and having trouble selling it...

Sounds dodgy to me or am I just over cautious??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45009

if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true..........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45011

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 06 February 2006
Slightly off topic...... Im looking to buy a new family motor, and decided on an XC90. So looking in Autotrader I find a guy advertising at £16K when its worth £25+K, seems he is in France and having trouble selling it...

Sounds dodgy to me or am I just over cautious??

You can never be to cautious :(

The old saying goes,

If its too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45012

Hey warren great minds think................. :)

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45013

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back