Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can centre locks be changed to 5 studs?

baxster

Monza
Just wondered if you can change the hub to hold conventional 5 studs? I assume the answer is yes but if correct I wonder if the cost excluding wheels is prohibitive.

Yes I believe you can but I don't know how much it would be :dont know:

The CL track fragility issue has yet to run its course, but even if Porsche insist on owners covering the additional costs for a revised maintenance schedule I would expect it to still be less than converting (and buying new wheels too)... :dont know:

:popcorn:

Probably cheaper than having to repair your car when the wheel falls off though ;)

Cost to change at OPC rates will be daft, but as you're doing it the easy way round you could source second hand parts and convert for a fraction of the cost. Everything is bolt-on I believe, so should be straight forward.

Yes, but expensive.

A lot of track GT3s have been/are converting.

Cost is circa £1,900 for the parts + labour + the new wheels/tyres.

These pesky centre locks are the exact reason I didn't upgrade to the GT2 RS, that and the missing £90,000 cost to change :D :wink:

GT4 said:
Yes, but expensive.

Is that cost new from OPC?

chimp911 said:
Ekona said:
Probably cheaper than having to repair your car when the wheel falls off though ;)

:hand:

What, like this one? : :nooo:

Attachments

• cl_failure_121.jpeg
    cl_failure_121.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 4,973
Ekona said:
GT4 said:
Yes, but expensive.

Is that cost new from OPC?

Yes, new parts OPC.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK5LUGC.html?Category_Code=997gt3gen2susp

About £1200 + vat worth of parts plus a set of wheels plus up to 11 hours of labour. You could probably sell the old wheels for the price of a set of OZs and if you follow the maintenance schedule you will have spent the labour cost and parts cost within 10k track miles regardless.

Viewed in the context of changing the parts when the new schedule that is being imposed requires it makes it cost neutral. Your car will obviously never be in a Porsche warranty again, but that means that you won't have to take any business to an OPC unless you really want to.

And you are left with something £200 per service cheaper to own (look it up on the fixed price menu - the difference is mostly servicing the wheel nuts) that you can use any fitter to change the tyres on for which you have a wider choice of aftermarket wheels at lower prices and no need to keep a track mileage log.

I am giving it a lot of thought, but we will see where the situation with Porsche goes first though. And indeed exactly what the costs will be. Does anyone have any quotes for the work on the new schedule yet?

Disco said:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK5LUGC.html?Category_Code=997gt3gen2susp

About £1200 + vat worth of parts plus a set of wheels plus up to 11 hours of labour. You could probably sell the old wheels for the price of a set of OZs and if you follow the maintenance schedule you will have spent the labour cost and parts cost within 10k track miles regardless.

Viewed in the context of changing the parts when the new schedule that is being imposed requires it makes it cost neutral. Your car will obviously never be in a Porsche warranty again, but that means that you won't have to take any business to an OPC unless you really want to.

And you are left with something £200 per service cheaper to own (look it up on the fixed price menu - the difference is mostly servicing the wheel nuts) that you can use any fitter to change the tyres on for which you have a wider choice of aftermarket wheels at lower prices and no need to keep a track mileage log.

I am giving it a lot of thought, but we will see where the situation with Porsche goes first though. And indeed exactly what the costs will be. Does anyone have any quotes for the work on the new schedule yet?

+ duty from US.

As I have 8 CL wheels (courtesy of a winter tyre set) I have no qualms with threatening to insert one such wheel up the rectum of any porsche rep that dares suggest I pay for any kind of remedial work :x

chimp911 said:
As I have 8 CL wheels (courtesy of a winter tyre set) I have no qualms with threatening to insert one such wheel up the rectum of any porsche rep that dares suggest I pay for any kind of remedial work :x

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back