Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can a 996 sit on it's wheels without engine and box

Jamespick1986

Hi All,

Just about to start the process of removing my engine from my 996. I don't want to leave it on jack stands for a prelonged period, it'll be outside on drive. Is it possible for me to sit the car back down on it's wheels and push it without the engine and gear box in it? Do I need to put any of the supports back on if I do?

Thanks guys and gals

James

You need to refit the engine brace bar that goes from side to side , its arrow marked for the correct way around.

Other than that you don't need to fit anything else .. but that part is a must !

Attachments

• brace_bar_693.jpg
    brace_bar_693.jpg
    737.3 KB · Views: 695
As DeMort says. If you look at the design of the suspension you have a pair of subframes which bolt to the chassis, with the suspension bolting to these. When the car sits on the ground the suspension will try to bend the subframes outwards, this bar stops that from happening and ties the two subframes together. Make sure the driveshafts are protected if the car is to be moved.

MC

DeMorts back in the house :Dance-Tap: :Dance-Tap: :Dance-Tap:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCGMS
Back