Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can 911 Virgin sell a green 993 C2 with 100k+ miles?

Congrats, I knew I should have got my money out of Russian rubles and bought that car :nooo:

MJA911 said:
All set to begin my 993 adventure :thumb:
:eek: ...sold already? :(

Wasn't the plan but whilst over at 911v I saw the 997.2 C4S PDK Cab which looked gorgeous in every way, colour, spec, etc., and after a week mulling over it I ended up taking it for a test drive and that was it. Would have loved to have kept the 993 and I seriously considered it, but I don't have the garage space for two cars and my daughter will soon be on the road so another car will join the fleet.

That 993 is lovely :thumb:

Gutted I didn't get to see it, looked like a mint example. Coming from a 997 previously I suppose you knew exactly what you were going to get and what you wanted.

Good luck with the new car :thumb:.
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on 997 --> 993 --> 997 ownership .

ch3tman said:

SpongeBob is your man for that one. Be advised There are some realities to address :hand:

Hey Chet, I would like to have kept the 993 and I didn't have negative reasons to change although I did tend to get concerned about the things that can go wrong with an older car, the strange sounds, creaks etc, but on the upside she drove beautifully, I felt at home in the compact interior and was getting more confident in exploiting the wieldy handling. I also enjoyed hours spent detailing, improving and resolving little defects. This is why I went 997 to 993.

My plan was to enjoy for a year or two, potentially benefit form a favourable market before considering moving to a 991 as their prices come into range. Simple truth is this 997.2 caught my eye, the spec is near as damn it to what I would have ordered, the performance and grip are massive, it can be civilised one second and a hooligan the next, I like the level of technology. I find it all just right and being a Cab I already have a sun tan :bandit:

Zingari said:
ch3tman said:

SpongeBob is your man for that one. Be advised There are some realities to address :hand:

Was pretty simple for me, I drove M100 UFC (993 number 3) from 911V to South of Birmingham on the way back to the capital, and by then I knew I'd make a huge mistake :oops:
I missed the 997.2 I'd swapped in immediately, and knew inevitably he had to go, nothing wrong with the 993, it was a Cracker. For me several reasons The potential new Mrs Sponge one of them, but more OCD reasons really. Good as the 993 was it still would have needed a full respray to get perfect.

The new 997S however is perfect, owned previously by Mr And Mrs OCD, who weren't quite OCD enough, but after an expensive detail now he's there, better than when delivered with a sleep at night Porsche 3 year warranty, then there's the drive and the safety compared to a 993, hard to do 997 to 993 imho.

I'm a big 997 fan. I've driven a few .2 cars and each time I get out I question why I don't have one. Better to drive than 993 in every measurable way. Then I remember. Fear & greed keep me honest. Depreciation is a soulless bitch.

Yep, depreciation is a downer, but it may be quite gentle on gen2. Production numbers are well down (financial crisis) plus a respected retailer told me that length of ownership is longer (no scare stories) and this combination will keep gen2 prices relatively healthy for a modern 911.

Aircooled appreciation is a wonderful thing of course :thumb:

highway said:
I'm a big 997 fan. I've driven a few .2 cars and each time I get out I question why I don't have one. Better to drive than 993 in every measurable way. Then I remember. Fear & greed keep me honest. Depreciation is a soulless bitch.

But what happens if you snuff it or end up too old for a near new 911 variant :dont know: My chum doesn't get it I have a 964 in the garage and have an ordinary DD. He'd have a 991 and use it everyday to enjoy. A car is factored out of his investment planning so he would never rely on the value as his master plan is to die penniless - except he doesn't know when that is. Actually neither do I :?: Makes you think to enjoy what you want now hence I get Sponge's logic. Although wasting it on an MUFC season ticket is a step too far :grin:

Zingari said:
A car is factored out of his investment planning so he would never rely on the value as his master plan is to die penniless - except he doesn't know when that is. Actually neither do I :?: Makes you think to enjoy what you want now hence I get Sponge's logic.

Finally the universe is catching up with the thoughts inside my head. If I was reliant on an aircooled 911 (or any other 911 for that matter and I include my own 996 turbo in that) for my financial planning I'd be in a right old pickle. :?

I'd argue a car isn't an investment in any meaningful sense (except for the really high end stuff and even that's looking 'bubble tastic' at the moment.......). I have owned 911's only since 2010, but since then I've covered 73k miles. Financially I'd have been better off by keeping both in a garage (especially my 996 turbo) and driving a 'box'. But there's no pockets in a shroud :roll:

And nothing can rob me (beyond significant brain damage or dementia) of each of those smiles :grin:

New996buyer said:
Zingari said:
A car is factored out of his investment planning so he would never rely on the value as his master plan is to die penniless - except he doesn't know when that is. Actually neither do I :?: Makes you think to enjoy what you want now hence I get Sponge's logic.

Finally the universe is catching up with the thoughts inside my head. If I was reliant on an aircooled 911 (or any other 911 for that matter and I include my own 996 turbo in that) for my financial planning I'd be in a right old pickle. :?

I'd argue a car isn't an investment in any meaningful sense (except for the really high end stuff and even that's looking 'bubble tastic' at the moment.......). I have owned 911's only since 2010, but since then I've covered 73k miles. Financially I'd have been better off by keeping both in a garage (especially my 996 turbo) and driving a 'box'. But there's no pockets in a shroud :roll:

And nothing can rob me (beyond significant brain damage or dementia) of each of those smiles :grin:

I think the same way, I like to think I have a reasonably pragmatic approach to personal finance, balancing security with enjoying life etc., but when it comes to Porsche 911s, the financial side all goes pete tong :oops:

I totally get it. This keeps catching my eye, and gets me thinking....hmmm...switch 993 + E46 M3 for that plus a little money. Close to zero running costs for 3 years. I realise it'll depreciate but at least my OCD spend would be curtailed as it's new and perfect.

http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/991-gts/

MJA911 said:
I think the same way, I like to think I have a reasonably pragmatic approach to personal finance, balancing security with enjoying life etc., but when it comes to Porsche 911s, the financial side all goes pete tong :oops:

:yeah:

Though fortunately my wife's the real pragmatist regarding personal finance. In ten years I'll predict she'll own a street worth of flats and other property. I'm the spender by nature. The one part of my make up that doesn't conform to a Scottish stereotype! (Yes, I have been know to have the odd argument.........who knew.......... :angel: )

mohitos said:
I totally get it. This keeps catching my eye, and I gets me thinking....hmmm...switch 993 + E46 M3 for that plus a little money. Close to zero running costs for 3 years. I realise it'll depreciate but at least my OCD spend would be curtailed as it's new and perfect.

http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/991-gts/

As good as it must be to own a 993 and an M3 for all kinds of satisfying reasons, I wouldn't be able to resist the 991 GTS :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back