Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can 911 Virgin sell a green 993 C2 with 100k+ miles?

madalaa said:
..... I think they are doing a rebuild ;) ...... sorry Tom ...... ;)

The car has been in a queue for the bodyshop. We are refurbishing one wheel for some small marks and painting the front bumper for some minor stone chips. We wanted to make the car cosmetically flawless and although insignificant, we felt these two things detracted from an otherwise perfect car. I expect the car to be available for viewing during the course of the next few days. To those who have taken the time to post up your first hand experiences of 911virgin, a big thank you from myself and the team.

Cheers Tom 911V

the_green_man said:
I remember being told by a paint shop that Aventura Green actually doesn't have any green in it. So I did a search for the formula and they were right. It has black, white, blue, red, but no green. Which I guess is why it always looks blue to me.

http://cdb.shcolor.info/en/Formula.mvc/357541@!AVENTURAGRUEN@!39R@!O?displayType=grid&powerSearchKeys=aventura&databaseType=official

(Sorry - the link doesn't work unless you copy it into your browser)

I checked that site :typing: and he's right you know :worship: there isn't any green in it! :hand:

:floor:

Tobesetc said:
the_green_man said:
I remember being told by a paint shop that Aventura Green actually doesn't have any green in it. So I did a search for the formula and they were right. It has black, white, blue, red, but no green. Which I guess is why it always looks blue to me.

http://cdb.shcolor.info/en/Formula.mvc/357541@!AVENTURAGRUEN@!39R@!O?displayType=grid&powerSearchKeys=aventura&databaseType=official

(Sorry - the link doesn't work unless you copy it into your browser)

I checked that site :typing: and he's right you know :worship: there isn't any green in it! :hand:

Mix some yellow and blue together.... like we did at primary school... and see what colour you get.... you'll be amazed! :grin:

I don't see yellow on the ingredients list either :?:

Nope. No yellow either
WB803 SPEZIALSCHWARZ 624.7 624.7
WB870 PERLFEINWEISS 153.1 777.8
WB891 PERLWEISS 169.9 947.8
WB854 LASURTIEFBLAU 60.5 1008.3
WB837 DUNKELBLAU 14.5 1022.8
WB894 PERLROT 12.2 1035.0

Yes, but the point is Aventura is not green in the normal sense, it isn't made from blue and yellow, it's made from black, whites, blues and a red. I've only seen it in overcast and artificial light and it looked grey (with hints of blue and green) but others say that with a blue sunny sky, it looks dark green - with hints of grey and blue no doubt :?

I really want to see one of these aventura cars, just to see what all the fuss is about and make up my own mind what colour I see it as.

Tobesetc said:
I really want to see one of these aventura cars, just to see what all the fuss is about and make up my own mind what colour I see it as.

911V have one for sale :bandit: not far from you and very nice people.

I'd thought that...bought my 986S there, may have to pay them a quick visit!

I know two guys with aventura 993's. I've seen the cars in plenty of different weather conditions. Personally I think it is one of the best 993 colours, I'd be very happy to own a 993 in this colour.
To be honest I'm really surprised at how much importance is being placed on the colour of a car .. Very few probing mechanical questions!

If the colour clashes with my favourite shoes, who cares if the thing works or not?

But quite agree... far too much concern about colour. At least it's not silver ;-)

Although...as everyone seems to have a strong opinion on colour...maybe we could start a thread with alternative names for the colours? I'll start one and see if anyone fancies a laugh...

Well it finally arrived for sale a couple of days back ....... already deposit taken ...... that didn't take long then ........ but of course it is only "smoke and mirrors" ....... is that not so Zingari? ....... ;)

Good sale Tom ....... :)

madalaa said:
Well it finally arrived for sale a couple of days back ....... already deposit taken ...... that didn't take long then ........ but of course it is only "smoke and mirrors" ....... is that not so Zingari? ....... ;)

Good sale Tom ....... :)

Thanks Andy,

It is a special car and it is going to a good home.

Cheers Tom

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicwheble
Back