Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabrio roof - won't always lock shut??

timP

Just bought a 993 cabrio which had a replacement roof ( presume just the covering - not the mechanicals ) fitted june last year. ( private sale so no waranty )

Sometimes it does not line up properly when you close the roof,

so the locks seem to engage ( sounds like they lock shut to hold it to the head of the windscreen ) - but slightly off line - so you can see daylight top right of the windscreen.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

and how to solve the problem - generally I just open it back up foot or so, then re-close, and either in the 1st of 2nd attempt it will all shut / line up 'properly'.

There is a 3yr guarantee on the roof replacement - but would be useful to go back to them for-armed with some info. on what the solution should / could be.

Thanks

T

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114557

600th post! Sorry for spamming on your thread

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114562

New roofs have to settle in and be kept out of long perids in direct sunlight. Mine somtimes didn't align properly so just opened it asain in the same way you described. Suppose it depends on when it was done as to whether there is a mchanical problem. I sometimes wonder if thee is a bit of deflection of the car isn't level?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114593

Hi Tim,

I had the same problem with my 993 cab roof, Porsche have a recall on all 993 cabs to change the roof locking motors, so check with your local OPC to see if your car has been done, i got mine done last year and they also adjusted the roof at the same time F.O.C apparently they get 2 hours labour for the recall and it only takes around an hour to fit the new roof locking motors.

worth a call to your local OPC, if the recall has been done on your car you will need the roof realigned takes about an hour at an OPC or a good Indie.

Regards Walt

993 c2 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114812

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back